PPI offer now have a problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I think i have made one big boobie. Before i relised it wasnt that difficult to claim PPI myself I went to a company to claime my first one.

(the rest i am doing myself)

I have just got a letter this morning from the company to say that the lender has made an offer.

I have not worked out if it is enough yet, but notice they wrote that the amount would clear any amount i still need to pay back, which i completly understand.

My problem is I now owe the company money and im not going to see any of the compensation.

I feel like im now going to be out of pocket and i dont have the money they are asking.

The only reason i used them is because if i won i could pay them out of my compensation and now thats not the case.

They have told me i can go on a monthy plan to pay them but i dont want to now be in debt the them i have enough of that already.

Im thinking of declining to offer because by the time i pay the amount off my loan and pay the company who represtented me, thier money I will have payed £700 of my loan and still in debt with the other company.

Why am i sooo stupid i should have known better but at the time i just didnt think.

Any advice for me?

Thanks

unless they have been sending or have sent a letter called:

notice of sums in arrears

on a regular 6mts basis

they cannot offset!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have looked through my letters and had one of them back in March but dont recall getting them as often as every 6 months.

I cant bare the thought of owing a claims compay now. Im trying to get out of debt and feel so stupid that i could have put myself into debt with this company.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

This one was another success sort off. I got paid out £1175 from Santander but the amount has been paid towards my outstanding loan. I have been left with a £400 bill from the claims company, but luckily i had success from first plus so i am able to pay it. :violin:

Just a note for anyone claiming through a management company.... DONT DO IT. It is so easy to do it yourself and if you still owe on the loan and are in arrers they will offset any thing you claim. :mad2: