Equidebt letter

JS10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I received a letter from Equidebt 2 weeks ago asking me to contact them, as I have no idea who they are I did not contact them. Today I have received another letter from Equidebt showing a DEBT COLLECTION NOTICE for Aktiv Capital UK Limited with the outstanding balance of £1763.67.

I have no idea who they are and what the supposed debt is for! I am not sure what to do as reading a few threads on here the advice is not to call. I am quite worried as they state they may instruct a doorstep agent?

Please can I have some advice.

Thanks

If anyone does turn up on your doorstep, ask them politely to leave - they have no right to simply turn up uninvited.

Until you know what the debt is for, then you are unable to make any decisions. Let them write and explain themselves properly.

The purpose of this type of letter is to get you to telephone them - it is your legal right to conduct your financial business in writing.

Aside from which, there are so many dubious companies telephoning nowadays - it is probably not very secure for you to be speaking to anyone on the phone :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi, Aktiv is a debt purchase company,

you need to check your credit files

with Equifax and or Experian (Credit Expert)

Is there no mention of the original creditor

on the letter?

Doorstep agents have absolutely no powers or

authority and be told to go away, you have no

need to talk to them.

I would do nothing until they say what the debt

is for, but if you are uncomfortable with this I

can draft a letter for you to send to Equidebt.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Brigadier2jcs

Equidebt have only stated that the Creditor is Aktiv Capital UK Ltd and the amount, also I have 7 days to respond and they may instuct a doorstop agent.

I did have a problem with Bannatynes in 2010 with membership and agreed that I would be more than happy to go to court as it was proven that they misold my membership, they have never been in contact since! but I doubt it is regarding this due to the amount.

If I send them the letter you mentioned, would that compromise me in anyway?

Thanks

No it compromises nothing.

I would guess that this is the Gym debt the contracts are always suspect

and cause no end of trouble.

SO send this addressed to the

Compliance Manager

Equidebt.

Ref: as on their letter.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I refer to your recent correspondence regarding a debt for £xxxxx which you allege is

owed by me to Aktiv Kapital UK Ltd.

Please take note I do not acknowledge any debt to Equidebt or the company you claim

to represent.

I have no knowledge of any liability to your company or any other party.

Unless you can provide any irrefutable evidence of any such alleged debt within

7 days I will consider the matter closed.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thanks so much for this I will send it off tomorrow.

Can I also ask about the Doorstop Agents? Are they similar to Bailiffs?

Thanks again.

Thanks so much for this I will send it off tomorrow.

Can I also ask about the Doorstop Agents? Are they similar to Bailiffs?

Thanks again.

Not at all - they are usually self employed individuals who try to get you to "admit" a debt. They have absolutely no powers whatsoever - they arent even supposed to turn up without an appointment .. such is the arrogance of these DCAs.

It is simply another way of intimidating a debtor.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks Citizen B and Brigadier2jcs

Apart from the Bannatynes problems last year, I have never had any experience in this.

I will keep you posted if they reply to the letter!

You have come to the right place:-)

Equidebt are the absolute bottom of the foodchain, even Aktiv use them as a last resort before giving up on a debt.

1) first step contact equidebt, deny all knowledge of debt and the dispute it. They will return the debt to Aktiv, but will send one last letter on the off chance you buckle.

2) contact Aktiv, deny all knowledge and ask them to prove debt.

Depending on the debt in question, there is a good chance they will write the debt off. E.g. I know for Barclays Bank Account debts they write off these when challenged.

Why even contact them? Simply ignore the letter as it is very vague. Should they send something of any actual substance, THEN send the prove it letter.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Equidebt are the absolute bottom of the foodchain, even Aktiv use them as a last resort before giving up on a debt.

1) first step contact equidebt, deny all knowledge of debt and the dispute it. They will return the debt to Aktiv, but will send one last letter on the off chance you buckle.

2) contact Aktiv, deny all knowledge and ask them to prove debt.

Depending on the debt in question, there is a good chance they will write the debt off. E.g. I know for Barclays Bank Account debts they write off these when challenged.

Write the debts off THEIR Books only to be sold on at later date:madgrin: