How do i find out what my GE Capital account number was for a now closed Burton's store card?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i'm hoping 1 of you lovely helpful people could tell me how i go about tracing a GE Capital account number for a closed Burton's store card that i have no paperwork for? I've been trawling the net all night now trying to find this out and am ready to pull my hair out, lol!!!

Thank you....

OK so a Subject Access Request (SAR) to GE is what you need.

There is a template in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green. Cost is £10 and they will have 40 days to comply.

As you do not have an account number, delete that part from the SAR template but instead give your full name and the address(es) you were living at while the account was active.

Also add a line to the end of the letter saying that you also want copies of any and all agreements you have ever had with them.

You should get back all of the data they hold on you.

• Confused 1

Hi,

I had the same problem, Santander run Burton accounts, I called them up told them I didn't have account number he took me through security questions and then gave me the account number so I could call back.

It may be worth while just calling and asking before paying £10.

0871 522 5454 (Calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras. Calls may be recorded and monitored for training and security purposes).

(Open Monday & Tuesday 8am - 8pm, Wednesday - Friday 8am - 9pm, Saturday 8am - 7pm, Sunday 9am - 6pm).

Good point but it depends what the OP wants to do with the account number.

Its unlikely that they just want the number for no reason and to do anything meaningful (probably PPI related) then they will need more information to be able to check any offer that might be made if they are reclaiming.