Bryan Carter/Arrow Global/MBNA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening,

My wife has this morning received a letter from Bryan Carter Solicitors saying they have issued litigation proceedings in the County Court. She has also received a Claim Form from Northampton County Court Bulk Centre.

A couple of years ago, she had a credit card with MBNA which she was unable to pay. She wrote to them explaining the situation and continued to pay £1 per month. All correspondence was ignored by MBNA. Eventually a default notice was issued and the debt was sold to Experto Credite. She wrote requesting the CCA but the £1 cheque was never cashed and in due course she wrote to them stating the account was in dispute. Since then, Arrow Global sent a couple of letters demanding payment which were ignored. A couple of weeks ago, Arrow Global wrote offering a discounted amount in F&F settlement which was also ignored.

How should she proceed? The letter from Bryan Carter makes no reference to MBNA apart from the account number. The debt has been assigned to so many companies I have lost track and I was only able to match the account number up after digging through the original CCA letters sent at the time.

Many thanks everyone.

Hi,

First thing you need to do is to decide how you want to go about this, you can do this on-line and either admit the debt in full, admit part of the debt or fully defend the claim.

Time limits apply so please be aware of this.

Do you still have copies of all letters and (hopefully) postal order/delivery receipts?

If so, then these can assist you in your defence.

Not all of the time but quite often Bryan Carter does not like to be challenged in Court, he prefers people to roll over and accept.

Is the amount claimed the whole amount? Or one of Dear Bryan's split claims?

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

The first thing you MUST do is acknowlege the claim,

if you ignore this as you have other correspondence

Carter WILL get judgement by default.

Some questions to help us advise:-

1. Does this account show on credit files?

2. Is Carter acting on behalf of Arrow Global?

3. Have you written to Arrow requesting proof of

the debt, if not why not?

You need to get a CCA request to Arrow global asap.

Also stating the account is in dispute as no CCA has

been provided despite other requests.

Follow the instruction in the claim pack and acknowledge service,

basic defence on the lack of the CCA??

As said ignore any of this now Carter will get summary judgement

quite quickly there are time limits for you to keep to.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

if you ignore this as you have other correspondence

Carter WILL get judgement by default.

Which is exactly what carter wants to happen. Chances are when a defense is submitted, theyll start bending over backwards to try and settle out of court.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D