Please help, am at a criticalstage of claim

SuJ
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I'm new so please forgive me for my ignorance of the subject.

I have so far filed requests with three banks:

Barclays for £900 ish

NatWest for wait for it......£4,700

and

Halifax, who are really dragging their feet and haven't even answered the first letter requesting my statements

Barclays have been the quickest, I had statements with'nice' letter and the return of my £10 cheque saying"we do not charge for this service, thank you for complaining" or words to that affect.

Then I sent request for refund, had letter backwithin a week saying they will get back to me by a certain date and they have, however they are only offering me £300, as a 'goodwill' offer as they don't agree with my claim.

Now what do I do???? which letter or e-mail do I send please? I have purchased a e-mail account also,,,and I must be really thick 'cos not quite sure how to activate it!

Please please help someone as I really want to get my money back

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

please helpme, I am attempting to reclaim charges from three Banks. Barclays for around £1000 (although they have applied another £90 just this week which I will be addingto the total) Halifax for around the same and Natwest for £5050.

I am at the stage on all three where they tell me I am not entitled to any money back and that I don't have a claim. Barclays offered me £300 which I turned down, HAlifax are 'looking into claim' at the moment and Natwest have told me that the only charges the public are able to claim back under new laws are that of credit cards, and basically they said 'see you in court.

I am determined to get these monies back, but am a bit worried at this stage (which is obviously the reaction they are aiming for.)

Please advise me someone.

Don't worry. This happens to most people. Follow the plan and your timetable and file the moneyclaim. Then watch as the banks cave and pay your money. Are you at the moneyclaim stage with all of them?

HSBC

7th October 2006 - Prelim for £3078

24th October - LBA

7th November - Claim filed

11th November - Acknowledged with intent to defend

11th December - Defence filed

16th December 2006 - Offered full amount but no default removal. Rejection letter sent.

Halifax

7th October 2006 - Prelim for £3427

24th October - LBA

3rd November - Offered £913

3rd November - Accepted as partial payment

7th November - Claim issued

21st November - Acknowledged with intent to defend

11th December - Offered full amount but no late payment removal

4th January - SETTLED + removed adverse credit info

A & L

19th October - Prelim for £540

26th October - Offered £358

2nd November - Accepted as partial payment and LBA

27th November - SETTLED + removed adverse credit info

Just about, I have received the 'no you can't have your money back' from two of them, and Halifax are 'looking into my complaint'.

What do I do now?

Do I approach the courts? If so how?

I have been really calm and determined til now, and I'm beginning to flag a bit.

Thanks for taking the time to answer me by the way

Hi......As Alexifa said just continue with the tried and tested proceedure, ie send Prelim letters then 14 days later if no positive response send your L.B.A. letters allow another 14 days for a reply, if not start the court claim proceedure on line! www.moneyclaim.gov.uk Stick to your own time table on this dont let them delay you or drown you with legal jargon, stick with it kid and get YOUR money back!........Best of LUCK!

Jendoc

SuJ, look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

And read these threads for information on how others got on and got their money back. We all are told many stories by the banks but here are our own stories about how they paid us back.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-if-successes/

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Thank you somuch everyone for your qadvice, I am re-invigourated now!!!!

Barclays have taken another £125 out this weeek for 'unpaids' and just for a change 'commision' whjatever that is....I am right in adding these to my claim aren't I???

Yes you can add any charges that occur right up to the point where you file your Court claim

Preliminary Letter sent to Woolwich 05/06

LBA sent 19/06

Court claim filed 04/07 : Total £824.75

Acknowledgement of Service 27/07

Defence received 08/08

AQ filed 11/08

Barclays AQ filed 05/09

Hearing date 20/12

SETTLED IN FULL £840.49: 14/12/06

What exactly is the commission charge? It doesnt sound like a penalty, but of course may be, best bet is to ring them and ask them to clarify what exactly the comm charge is for and go from there.

I really am losing it now!!!!!! I cannot access my google spreadsheets,can someone help. as it's been a couple of weeks since I last looked at them I cannot recall the details I entered into username and password, when I go to the library where I found them originally I cannot find the link.

I must seem really dull... but can someone please help. I have had even more charges applied to my account and untill I can claim my money back I am never going to get out of this rutt, the costs are snowballing

http://www.cag-files.co.uk/barracad/Spreadsheets/England/Simple-charges-calc.xls

This is the spreadsheet I used to work out my own claim. It is the simple version that just adds up all the charges and works out the 8% statutory interest that you add on when you file your claim at the County Court or MCOL

Preliminary Letter sent to Woolwich 05/06

LBA sent 19/06

Court claim filed 04/07 : Total £824.75

Acknowledgement of Service 27/07

Defence received 08/08

AQ filed 11/08

Barclays AQ filed 05/09

Hearing date 20/12

SETTLED IN FULL £840.49: 14/12/06

What exactly is the commission charge? It doesnt sound like a penalty, but of course may be, best bet is to ring them and ask them to clarify what exactly the comm charge is for and go from there.

I tried to contact my local branch by phone but couldn't get through, I then e-mailed the bank asking what 'commmision' was for....

what happened next made melaugh seriously, their answer was that they couldn't answer me via e-mail and when I then looked at my account on-line the charge had been changed to an 'Unpaid referral'!!!

Hi.......Its highway xxxx without the masks........don't let them get away with it any longer and when they eventually offer you 50% of your claim.....Tell em to shove it where the monkey keeps it nuts!!!

Jendoc

I have just made my online claim!!!! so watch this space

Jendoc, they didn't even offer me half, they offered me a measly £300, what an insult, I am raring to go now, tomorrow I will be making my claim against Natwest.... for a whopping £5050

and when Halifax decide whether or not to repay my £1000 they will be the next on my list. It's great having all this support form you guys I almost wish I had other companies to start on

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I think I may have made a big mistake, am very concerned....when you apply MCOL, what are you meant to do exactly please?

I filled in application on line,and it shows that it has been issued and the 14 days will be up on monday 13th. what happens now???

Hello anyone who may be reading, I have just checked my online claim and the bank have acknowledged my claim today, do I have to do anything at this point or do I sit tight and wait for something to happen?