Vodafone Problem please help!! ***awaiting update from OP***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I'm at my wits end and not sure who to turn to.

I have a Vodafone mobile contract that is in arrears to the tune of £176.92.

I have been in constant contact with a member of Vodafone's customer care team through emails but I cannot get them to see the position I'm in financially.

I have offered to pay £124.79 which I believe is the outstanding amount.

I was sent a letter dated 15/01/12 saying Outstanding balance £69.36 and termination fee £55.43.

i phoned up and asked if a bill could be sent out for the balance and term., fee

and I pointed out then I wanted to terminate the contract as the phone hadn't been used for several months

and I wished to take them up on the letter they had sent me,

this was agreed and I waited for the bill to arrive, only it never did.

I then get a bill in April for £176.92.

I spoke to Vodafone's customer service for 23 mins explaining my situation

only for them to give me the runaround and be totally unhelpful.

After several emails back and forth I have told them I regard the account in dispute!!

Their next move was to have FPC send me threatening letters and try phoning me.

I have explained twice to Vodafone that I suffer with high blood pressure and fibromyalgia and yet they ignore everything I say.

FPC now say I owe £203.46 and it could go upto £268.46 with solictor fees and court proceedings.

I know I'm in debt but I struggle to understand why this company like others is quite happy to take our money

and when a disagreement arises treat us with contempt and try to belittle me in front of my family!!

I would contact both Trading Standards, and OFCOM. Then send Vodafone a letter stating clearly that you are sending copies to TS and OFCOM.

State in the letter that although you have attempted to resolve the issue, that they have refused to cooperate, and have actually made matters worth.

Good luck!!!

Hello, I'm at my wits end and not sure who to turn to. I have a Vodafone mobile contract that is in arrears to the tune of £176.92. I have been in constant contact with a member of Vodafone's customer care team through emails but I cannot get them to see the position I'm in financially. I have offered to pay £124.79 which I believe is the outstanding amount. I was sent a letter dated 15/01/12 saying Outstanding balance £69.36 and termination fee £55.43. So I phoned up and asked if a bill could be sent out for the balance and term., fee and I pointed out then I wanted to terminate the contract as the phone hadn't been used for several months and I wished to take them up on the letter they had sent me, this was agreed and I waited for the bill to arrive, only it never did. I then get a bill in April for £176.92. So I spoke to Vodafone's customer service for 23 mins explaining my situation only for them to give me the runaround and be totally unhelpful. After several emails back and forth I have told them I regard the account in dispute!! Their next move was to have FPC send me threatening letters and try phoning me. I have explained twice to Vodafone that I suffer with high blood pressure and fibromyalgia and yet they ignore everything I say. FPC now say I owe £203.46 and it could go upto £268.46 with solictor fees and court proceedings. I know I'm in debt but I struggle to understand why this company like others is quite happy to take our money and when a disagreement arises treat us with contempt and try to belittle me in front of my family!!

Hi fb2812,

Thanks for making me aware of your concerns.

In order for me to able to take a closer look at things for you could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

I think it's a shame that people have to complain on forums like this one in order to get any form of customer service. Companies should give that same level, with or without customers having to resort to the CAG forum.

It would be good if fb2812 could give us a progress report, just to make sure that they are treating you well in private.

I agree Tim

but without them most of us would be alot worse off!!.

Think in every company there are the good and bad eggs just seems most bad eggs work in Customer Service :-(.

I worked for over 20yrs for a large retail company and always served customers to the best of my ability,

you can never please everyone but it didn't stop me trying.

Just wish some employees would remember we are all human and respect and good manners cost nothing!!.

Will give you an update as soon as I can, regards Fb2812

Hi

One of the worst things you can do is speak to someone at VF as they don't seem to either have a clue or don't have the authority to be able to deal with you which is one of the reasons CAG advocates recording calls when you have to ring them. Emailing the 'web team' is also not much help as I bet they are the same customer service people that would deal with you on the phone.

If it wasn't for CAG these failings would never get an airing. Lee does his best but even he has to answer to someone. If it wasn't for the web team here, Guy Laurence (the boss) would be getting loads of emails daily

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

One of the worst things you can do is speak to someone at VF as they don't seem to either have a clue or don't have the authority to be able to deal with you which is one of the reasons CAG advocates recording calls when you have to ring them. Emailing the 'web team' is also not much help as I bet they are the same customer service people that would deal with you on the phone.

If it wasn't for CAG these failings would never get an airing. Lee does his best but even he has to answer to someone. If it wasn't for the web team here, Guy Laurence (the boss) would be getting loads of emails daily

I think many large companies actually now have teams dedicated to sorting out complaints on forums. They probably have more authority than most CS operators, as they need to nip the complaints in the bud as soon as possible. Especially as complaints on forums are very public.

Funny you should say that Silverfox as I did all Lee requested yesterday and got an email back from VF Customer Service saying 'We are unable to understand your query from the email we received' I swear its from the lady who I spoke to originally, this is exactly why we are blessed to have Lee. He is worth his weight in gold as it makes such a difference knowing someone is taking your complaint seriously!!

Funny you should say that Silverfox as I did all Lee requested yesterday and got an email back from VF Customer Service saying 'We are unable to understand your query from the email we received' I swear its from the lady who I spoke to originally, this is exactly why we are blessed to have Lee. He is worth his weight in gold as it makes such a difference knowing someone is taking your complaint seriously!!

And what exactly is Lee doing about it?

He is looking into it, I just don't expect him to sort it out overnight given the amount of emails back and forth.

Well good luck. I'm trying a similar tactic with Virgin Media, but they seem to be oblivious to bad press.

Well good luck. I'm trying a similar tactic with Virgin Media, but they seem to be oblivious to bad press.

Good luck with that! VM have been taking customer services lessons from VF :wink:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Good luck with that! VM have been taking customer services lessons from VF :wink:

Not really. You can get wht you want eventually with VF. But with VM, and their predecessors, they havenever understood the concept of customer service.

Hi fb2812,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

If you haven't already could you not reply to the email you've received so as to prevent any further confusion?

As promised, I'll get back to you as quickly as I can.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi fb2812,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

If you haven't already could you not reply to the email you've received so as to prevent any further confusion?

As promised, I'll get back to you as quickly as I can.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Lee.

Maybe you can tell us why your company's customer service is so terrible. And why it takes someone to complain in a public forum before you will take a complaint seriously?

Hello,

I'm at my wits end and not sure who to turn to.

I have a Vodafone mobile contract that is in arrears to the tune of £176.92.

I have been in constant contact with a member of Vodafone's customer care team through emails but I cannot get them to see the position I'm in financially.

I have offered to pay £124.79 which I believe is the outstanding amount.

I was sent a letter dated 15/01/12 saying Outstanding balance £69.36 and termination fee £55.43.

i phoned up and asked if a bill could be sent out for the balance and term., fee

and I pointed out then I wanted to terminate the contract as the phone hadn't been used for several months

and I wished to take them up on the letter they had sent me,

this was agreed and I waited for the bill to arrive, only it never did.

I then get a bill in April for £176.92.

I spoke to Vodafone's customer service for 23 mins explaining my situation

only for them to give me the runaround and be totally unhelpful.

After several emails back and forth I have told them I regard the account in dispute!!

Their next move was to have FPC send me threatening letters and try phoning me.

I have explained twice to Vodafone that I suffer with high blood pressure and fibromyalgia and yet they ignore everything I say.

FPC now say I owe £203.46 and it could go upto £268.46 with solictor fees and court proceedings.

I know I'm in debt but I struggle to understand why this company like others is quite happy to take our money

and when a disagreement arises treat us with contempt and try to belittle me in front of my family!!

Only if Vodaphone take you to court and either you don't defend or they win

However Vodaphone won't take you to court because they won't win.

Unfortunately if you are not careful, you will get a default registered on your credit file (it might already have been done since this is Vodaphone's favourite method of debt collection)

I wouldn't pay them anything until they agree to remove any adverse entries from your credit file, otherwise it might be better for you to take them to court ... Their termination charges won't be enforceable and neither will the other charges that they are trying to apply.

In any case, the default would be for an incorrect amount, so you might be able to take action against them for that alone

Lee.

Maybe you can tell us why your company's customer service is so terrible. And why it takes someone to complain in a public forum before you will take a complaint seriously?

Good questions.

Also why are you so quick to register defaults that your company knows have an affect way out of proportion for the amount involved

Judges have a dim view of the use of statutory demands as a method of debt collection - perhaps they can be persuaded to have a similar view of organisations using credit files as a means of debt collection

• Confused 1

UPDATE :

Spoke with Lee on the phone this morning, he was very helpful and explained due to VF taking the steps to get a DC involved it will probably take a week to see if my Credit has been affected. I'm sure it has as I've recently checked, so as I pointed out this is costing VF much more than the £52.11 we are disagreeing about. They tried using heavy handed tactics and fell way short of what I expect. On VF website they talk about their 'Strategy' as being, Trustworthy, Respected and not letting customers down. Well only Lee seems to be in tune with that!! It's not rocket science to know what 'Good Customer Service' looks like and what customers will do when they feel badly treated!! We have agreed what steps will be taken and I'm happy with the outcome,Thank You Lee.

Lee.

I see Lee still hasn't replied to this post. I'm not fooled by then making one customer happy just because they complain on a public consumer forum. They should give equally good customer service to all of their customers.

I am a business customer of theirs. And wrongly or rightly business customers used to get better customer service. But this seems to have changed recently, when it took them about a month to replace a faulty phone.

UPDATE :

Spoke with Lee on the phone this morning, he was very helpful and explained due to VF taking the steps to get a DC involved it will probably take a week to see if my Credit has been affected. I'm sure it has as I've recently checked, so as I pointed out this is costing VF much more than the £52.11 we are disagreeing about. They tried using heavy handed tactics and fell way short of what I expect. On VF website they talk about their 'Strategy' as being, Trustworthy, Respected and not letting customers down. Well only Lee seems to be in tune with that!! It's not rocket science to know what 'Good Customer Service' looks like and what customers will do when they feel badly treated!! We have agreed what steps will be taken and I'm happy with the outcome,Thank You Lee.

That's good to hear. But I wouldn't count your chickens until they have hatched.

UPDATE :

Hi fb2812,

Thanks for your time yesterday and for updating the thread to confirm that I'd been in contact.

As discussed, as soon as I have an update for you I'll be back in touch.

Lee.

Hi Tim,

Having previously worked in our Customer Relations Department I can assure you that we take all complaints seriously regardless of whether a customer elects to seek advice / guidance from forums such as CAG.

Our aim is to provide the best service possible; however, there will inevitably be those instances where the service provided falls short of the customer's expectations.

In regard to the experience you mentioned yesterday I can only apologise for your dissatisfaction and of course should you require any further assistance in the future you're welcome to get in touch with me.

Good questions.

Also why are you so quick to register defaults that your company knows have an affect way out of proportion for the amount involved

Judges have a dim view of the use of statutory demands as a method of debt collection - perhaps they can be persuaded to have a similar view of organisations using credit files as a means of debt collection

Hi 2Grumpy,

As I've said in the past we fully understand the implications for the customer when we record any adverse information against their credit file.

Whilst I can understand how things appear I can assure you that recording a default isn't a course of action taken lightly by us. However, it does become necessary when our records indicate that a customer hasn't been in contact with us to discuss the arrears on their account for a significant amount of time.

There have of course been a few instances where situations haven't been handled as we would've liked; however, these can be rectified where we have records to show that the customer made proactive attempts to resolve matters with us.

Kind regards to you all.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi fb2812,

Thanks for your time yesterday and for updating the thread to confirm that I'd been in contact.

As discussed, as soon as I have an update for you I'll be back in touch.

Hi Tim,

Having previously worked in our Customer Relations Department I can assure you that we take all complaints seriously regardless of whether a customer elects to seek advice / guidance from forums such as CAG.

Our aim is to provide the best service possible; however, there will inevitably be those instances where the service provided falls short of the customer's expectations.

In regard to the experience you mentioned yesterday I can only apologise for your dissatisfaction and of course should you require any further assistance in the future you're welcome to get in touch with me.

Hi 2Grumpy,

As I've said in the past we fully understand the implications for the customer when we record any adverse information against their credit file.

Whilst I can understand how things appear I can assure you that recording a default isn't a course of action taken lightly by us. However, it does become necessary when our records indicate that a customer hasn't been in contact with us to discuss the arrears on their account for a significant amount of time.

There have of course been a few instances where situations haven't been handled as we would've liked; however, these can be rectified where we have records to show that the customer made proactive attempts to resolve matters with us.

Kind regards to you all.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Typical corporate answers that I expected!!