A query has arisen on my claim (JSA)

AnnaR.
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a letter from my jobcentre (I have been looking for work and on JSA for 5 months now), where I am being invited to an office interview. It says in the letter "We need to see you in order to discuss the benefit we are currently paying you because a query has arisen on your claim. We need to ensure your payments are correct and it is essential that you attend this interview to discuss the matter.

You should note that where there is doubt about whether the conditions for entitlement are met, we can suspend payment of your benefit."

I am being asked to bring my passport, utility bill, rent agreement, a bank statement and my ES4 looking for work book.

I wonder what this might be. I have been looking for work, always attending my appointments, and I would like to know if this has happened to someone else or what can all this be about?

Thanks, any help will be appreciated.

Hello there. I'm sorry you haven't had any replies yet, but I expect people in the know will be along later.

This could well be something routine, so I wouldn't worry if you've been following the rules. I hope someone will be able to give you some more information.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello there. I'm sorry you haven't had any replies yet, but I expect people in the know will be along later.

This could well be something routine, so I wouldn't worry if you've been following the rules. I hope someone will be able to give you some more information.

My best, HB

Thanks honeybee13, I hope someone can let me know something, I have the interview on Thursday this week.

I 've been following the rules as far as I know, I do hope it is just something routine as you say, again thanks.

It sounds like a compliance interview. It's difficult to say what it might be about, though, without knowing more about your circumstances. Do you have any savings or other money coming in? Are you living with a partner, or has there been any change in your circumstances recently?

The important thing is not to get too worried. These interviews are usually routine, and many people on this forum have reported being asked to attend them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I do have savings that I declared when I applied for JSA. My personal circumstances have not changed, I am not living with a partner or anything. I did go through the forum and saw several posts of other people getting this type of letter, but they all seem to be about some job application or job interview that they supposedly did not attend. Mine seems to be of a different subject, as I am being asked for passport, tenancy agreement, bank statements and utility bills. As if there was some kind of doubt about my identity?

I have seen my job adviser and she has not given importance to the letter to be honest, I don't know whether she was just being diplomatic or maybe she was being sincere when she told me not to worry about it, and to make sure that I bring my job log with me. She also said something about having to go there every week for six weeks, but I'm not sure as she mentioned very quick at the end of the appointment. Would that be possible? I just finished my 13 week review where I have had to attend for 6 weeks straight, why would they make me go again every week, I wonder.

I also wonder, if that was the case, can I ask to have travel expenses paid for the extra days I have to go sign on? I didn't ask about it the first time, but I have to take two buses to go and 2 more to get home.

Well, thanks a lot in advance if you have any info.