Catalogue call charges???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi wondering if anyone can give me and my partner some advice.

My partner had two catalogues (Littlewoods and very)

hes had them for around 4 years and was upto date with payments until august of last year when we got into a bit of financial mess.

We struggled and i opted to enter into a trust deed after speaking to csss and my partner was advised to make token payments to his creditors

because he only had 3 and was no longer in work because of ill health.

He informed his three creditors about his low income and asked for the token payments to be taken into account as he was advised.

Every month the catalogues have hit him with a various amount of charges since then despite making the payments

and despite being told of the situation on various occasions by phone and letter.

We have been tonight reviewing his debts to send upto date budgets to the catalogue

and noticed that there has been many charges for £12 a time on both catalogue statements

and letters for calls they state they made to him as well as charges for not paying the full amount as requested.

But when it comes to the call charges This has never been the case and infact for a period of 3 months infact

we had no phone line as i disconnected our service provider to save some money

and then went with a cheaper service provider a few months later.

there's noway they could have called as we didnt have a line

yet on statements i have the time we had no line they were adding call charges.

When we totalled the 12 charges for said calls it infact made the debt higher by a massive 150+ each

as well as the additional charge of 12 making the debt double what he originally started

which seems as if he is defeating the purpose of even making the token payments.

Is there anyway he can claim these so called call charges back?????

If so how exactly can this be done??? Is there a page we can read in regards to this??

firstly get out of that trust ded if you can

they are being discontinued as they are a bit iffy.

as for the £12 PENALTY charges

if yo have ALL the statements

then its an easy reclaim.

just fill in the fosrunning SOC here

and fire it off,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011

with a complaint letter

lots of threds in this forum detail the process.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX100

Thanks for your reply.

Funny you saying that about the trust deed i am fighting to have my trustee discharge himself at the moment as i had some problems not long ago and my trustee was very unhelpfull and i took advise elsewhere and i was told i should have never been placed in it, in the first place and the advise i was given for my situation was wrong and im fighting to have the money i put into my trust deed given to my creditors as they are refusing.

Anyway back to subject at hand thank you for the advise on the catalogue matter I went through all the statement last night we have mostly them all apart from 3 or 4 is there anyway we can get a copy of these?? or will they charge him for the copies??

Thanks

an sar will cost £10 for EVERYTHING they hold on him.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We sent the SAR and heard nothing so assumed it took time

today he woke up to a letter from lowell portofolio in leeds saying the debt has been sold to them and asking him to contact them to make full payment.

The debt is larger than the last letter we recieved from the catalogue

they have obviously added more charges since then.

ive had dealings with this company before not long after my father passed away and there really rude

and they hound you for money you dont have no matter how many times you tell them of the financial situation.

What i think is ridiculous on the letter it says shop direct have checked the records before selling us the debt and can find no reason as to why it is unpaid,

thats a load of rubbish i have every letter and email sent to the company in regards to this so its not like they havent been aware my partner is in financial mess.

let thm play their game

they have no legal powers

dx

and they