ESA ended, what now?

norby500
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay so my 365 days have ended on contribution based ESA an I am now stuck. Once my money runs out (what I was paid fortnightly) which is in a matter of days then I have no options ahead. I am still attending the eos crap they make me do and I eventually have no finances what do ever to attend etc.

What options do I have? As I paid rent to my brother who can't afford to keep me and I have no other income but that benefit...I need to know because I will be homeless and cashless and I really feel pushed to the edge

I feel so sick and on edge

Do you have an entitlemt to ESA income related? this is a means tested sysytem wher you need to have savins under 16k and no other or very low income from elsewhere.

You needto call the Benefit Centre that processes your ESA claim and request form ESA3 to re-assess your entitlement. This form can only be obtained from the BC your local JCP offices do not stock these forms and they cannot be found online either.

If you have no other income or savings, you may be able to make a claim for ESA(IR) - the income-related form of ESA. This is not time limited. Do you have a partner, and if so, does he or she work?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hi there, I will go to job centre Monday and request the form. I don't have savings and I only have ESA benefits as income and I am single.

You'll need to call your Benefit Centre (their number will be on any letter they've sent you) as the local JC office won't have the required form, form ESA3. They should be able to send it out to you promptly.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Okay sorry I missed that. I'll call them Monday and request the form. I can't see why I would have a problem as I dont claim any other benefits apart from ESA and I have no savings nor a partner so hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Just so that you are aware there could be a delay with the form as not all benefit centres managed to secure sufficent stocks of the form and the printers can't print the quantity required to keep up with the demand, a telephony centre called the JCP that I work in to advise that they would be sending people in to collect the forms in person until we advised that as it is a benefit form (not an initial claim form) they are not stocked and that people would be turned away and advised to call the back and may not be very understanding or poilte (in fact we had several verbal assaults due to this advice) to both them on the phone and even the BC if they requested call backs!

Not great but if they had thought about it they coud have stockpiled extra forms (but then again budget constraints really restrict what can be ordered every month now)

Not sure I understand why your ESA has ended. I am on contribution based ESA and have been since 2010. I have had one appeal, which I won and am now awaiting date for second appeal as I failed 2nd medical. Why has your ESA been stopped?

ESA© is now limited to 365 days for those who are placed in the WRAG. It's possible you claimed for ESA(IR) as well as ESA© and therefore have an underlying entitlement to ESA(IR). The new 365 day restriction came into force this month.

I see, I filled out a medical questionnaire in feb and heard nothing back and now my ESA has stopped. So shall I just request the form and fill it out and return it? I can't see why I would have a problem as I am taking 3 lots of medication, seeking OCD help and on a waitin list for further therapy and I see my doctor monthly