gym locker snapped need helpff

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

i use one of teh gyms up in scotland, i had my stuff in one of the lockers and i forgot to take that out after i used teh gym (it was still locked in teh gym locker) some one (probably teh gym managemebt) snapped teh lockers and took out all teh stuff

it was easter day off and i was meaning to go shopping after gym, i thot i wud leave th stuff in locker n go n get my shopping done n when i return home i will take my stiff back but i forgot :(

i dont know what to do

i been to gym today n found th locker was snapped and th gym guy told me i wud need to see th manager

also he mentione dthat gym doesnt takes responsibility of teh stuff an d the gym lockers r only to be used during th gym session ( i know he is right but i m just stressed)

it had my ghd hair starightner and blow dryer both cost around 200 pound and my gym gear around 100 odd quids

300 pounds seems to have gone in drain

can anyone please suggest what i can do? shud i police complaint it?

many thanks

Hi Depressed,

To make your posts easier to read, could you please avoid abbreviations and text-speak. Thanks :wink:

If the locker was forced open, the gym IS responsible for your losses.

You should report the theft to the police and get a crime number for the incident.

You should then write to the gym's Head Office saying that your possessions were locked away safely but the locker was broken into and your possessions were taken.

Make a list of the items stolen with a value (be realistic) for replacements.

Tell them you hold them responsible for the loss, regardless of any disclaimer made in notices or by the gym staff.

Tell them that, if they fail to reimburse you for the full value of your losses, you will make a court claim against them and recover your losses and court fees.

Tell them the matter has been reported to the police as theft and you require payment within 14 days.

Send this letter by Recorded Delivery to the gym's Head Office and see how they respond.

Only do this if you're prepared to take court action against them. Otherwise you are wasting your own and the gym's time.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I would correspond with the gym 1 last time before contacting the police... Telling the gym you want to report the theft to the police will hopefully make the gym realize they may get some of the local constabulary looking around their lockers rooms, and that this will not impress any new prospective victim... erm... customers. That may just gee them into action to mysteriously find your goods.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar