The worst yet???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok. So the reply you got came from carter forbes? Correct?

Account number: xxxx

Dear Sir,

With reference to the above account. I have tried on many occassions to contact both the Original Creditor and yourselves regarding a repayment plan. To date, i have been refused this every single time. As i am sure you are aware, and indeed are ignoring the fact, this amounts to a direct breach of OFT regulations on Debt Collection.

I am still more than willing to come to an arrangement to pay off the monies i owe ( the original loan plus contracted interest. Total: xxxxx). Please note that i am in no way trying to remove my responsibilities for this debt.

I also note your recent communication sent to me on: xx/xx/xxxx the contents of which is quoted below:

"Unfortunately we are unable to reduce your balance to £187.50

You have made no payments to ourselves in previous months and are not eligible for the reduced amount that you mentioned.

Regarding your complaint about being contacted via telephone, I am happy to correspond by e-mail as long as you reply within 2 days. Failure to do so will result in contacting you in a variety of ways."

Please note again, that i have attempted to arrange multiple methods of repaying the debt but to no avail.

Also, i have deep concern with your closing statement in that communication. Please note, that from the time you recieve this letter, you will immediatley cease to communicate with myself, my employers or anyone connected with me by way of telephone or SMS communication. You and your representatives will ONLY contact be by way of Letter or Email. You will NOT contact me by any other method.

Failure to follow this instruction wil leave me with no other alternative but to inform OFCOM, and start criminal legal proceedings against you and your company as you will be in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

Again i will restate that i am in no way avoiding my responsibilites.

Please come to an agreement with me regarding this debt, or i will have no other alternative but to re-contact the Original Creditor to start renegotiating a repayment plan. This means that any further communication from yourselves will go unanswered and ignored.

Also note that a copy of this letter is being sent to the OFT as part of a formal complaint about your business ethics and my experiences with your company.

Sincerly

xxxxx ( don't sign. Only print.)

Send them something like that. Remember, these muppets have absolutely zero powers and they know it. However, theyre relying on the fact that you dont know that.

One thing to note is that you MUST get a formal complaint in with the OFT about this. If you don't, it's pointless being here, or trying to negotiate with them.

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks so much, yes it came from CF.

When making a complaint to the OFT do i just write them a letter, or is there a specific complaint from to complete? I can't find this on their website!

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D