Co Operative Young Drivers Insurance Refusing Refund

rhysio
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently rung Co operative saying that I wished to cancel my policy half way through, I had paid the premium in full at the beginning of the policy for a sum of around 3,600

They said the policy would be passed to the finance department and they would let me know how much i would get and get the money refunded but i was looking at around 1,200.

They then re contacted me saying that there was a 500.00 claim on the policy but couldn't tell me any information about it, I did have a small accident into a barrier which they contacted me about asking what happened etc, It wasn't my fault due to a spillage on the roundabout where the incident occurred on the premises of a company.

They said they could now not give a refund due to this, They never corresponded after i replied to them.

But when we first went to cancel the policy they said there was a claim from a few years ago which my mum hadn't stated as it's in her name and emailed me saying they would be cancelling the policy due to her not letting them know about this.

I then received an email yesterday saying this:

Please find below details of your final financial adjustment following the cancellation of your policy:

Total refund £3669.73

Cancellation Fee* £0.00

Total Premium Paid £3669.73

Total Premium Refund/charge due: £0.00

They have confused me certainly here and i have moved house so i cannot ring them anymore and don't get no reply via email.

Am i eligible for a refund or do they just get to keep the remainder of the premium, Or should they not just deduct the claim from the refund they should give me?

Thanks

Send them a subject access request under Data Protection for copies of everything they hold, including details of the claim. Perhaps the owner of the barrier has made a claim against your policy, for damage to the barrier. If this is the case, you are not entitled to a refund.

I would normally suggest making a complaint, but due to the amount of money you have paid for the policy, it is probably worth spending £10 for the subject access request, which is the maximum admin fee they can charge for this. Then once you have the information, you can then look to take forward a complaint, as appropriate.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The SAR needs tobe made by your mum if it's her policy. Chances are it will show very little about the third party claim. If this is what is holding it back, offer to pay the £500.00 claim cost back if then then allow the rest of the refunded premium, you may not get as much as you wanted back, but it will be better than nothing.