Confused about my ESA

lala1984
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning all,

I hope someone here can help as they have done in the past. i am really confused about my ESA claim.

Last October I went for my medical and found fit for work after appeal at tribunal in December the decision was made in less than 5 mins I was not able to work.

I am currently on the work rated activity. I have had only 3 appointments at the job centre.

Today I received another medical letter with the possibility of attending another atos medical.

My question is why am I getting it? It's been 3 months since I was declared unfit for work and jobcentre told me I'd have to have 6 sessions with them. I'm so confused.

TIA

Morning all,

I hope someone here can help as they have done in the past. i am really confused about my ESA claim.

Last October I went for my medical and found fit for work after appeal at tribunal in December the decision was made in less than 5 mins I was not able to work.

I am currently on the work rated activity. I have had only 3 appointments at the job centre.

Today I received another medical letter with the possibility of attending another atos medical.

My question is why am I getting it? It's been 3 months since I was declared unfit for work and jobcentre told me I'd have to have 6 sessions with them. I'm so confused.

TIA

Even though you were found unfit for work the DWP is still able to review your health at any time and reassess you to see if your condition has improved enough to return to work. Basically hardly anybody is being left in peace for any length of time anymore. People are being reassessed every 3 to 12 months in the suppor group and at least every 18 months in the WRAG. What a lot of people find is that by the time they have gone through the appeals process and won they are being called up to be reassessed by atos. This is because the reassessment takes no account of what was decided about your health at the tribunal.

Thanks for the quick reply bigissue. How annoying!!! basically nothings changed in fact things have got worse. I really want to record the next meeting so I can prove the lies they tell as they did in a previous medical.

If I do have to go again and the same 'nurse' calls me do I have any rights to ask for someone different?

As far as I am aware no, although it may be possible to request in advance an HCP with knowledge of your condition of they have one. If you do make a request to record the medical then they will know they cannot lie out right on your ESA85. My only advice would be is not to go in aggressive but to make sure you advocate for yourself. They will always paint the best picture of your life they can so you need to make sure you give them all the details of how it affects you on a daily basis, perhaps even keep a diary or something for a week if you struggle to put it into words although I am sure you know this already from your appeal.