• Tweets

• wont go near it with a barge pole as its ex gov't debt.  
    • Thanks, I've had my fill of this lot. What makes me so mad is that I had to take out student loan to get any DHSS help. And then when I tried to help myself and family they presented obstacles. Might be worth passing story to RIP off Britain?
    • there is NO exposure if you simple remove your name address/ref numbers etc from docs, over 10'000 pdf uploads are here. which then harvests IP addresses off of the people that then do so..which is why we do not allow hosting sites. read our rules and upload carefully thats exactly why we say capture as JPG, redact, then convert/merge to one mass PDF. then online sites to achieve that we list do not leave watermarks.  every once in a while we have a user like you that thinks they know better...we've been doing it since 2006 with not one security issue. thank you.
    • was at the time you ticked it  but now they've still not complied . if you read up, here , you'll see thats what everyone does,  
    • no they never allow the age related get out, erudio are masters at faking supposed 'arrears' fees which were levied before said date and thus null its write off. 1000's of threads here on them!! scammers untied that lot. i can almost guarantee they'll state it's not SB'd too re above, but just ignore them once sent. dx    
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

DLA180 Form test to reduce your benefit

cher69cher69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

DLA

It's the self assessment which is main problem in fraud on DLA claims,which is why self assessment is ending and everyone on DLA between 16 and 64 claims will End over a 3 years period and your have to claim PIP

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/policy/disability/personal-independence-payment/

There is no problem with fraud.... any company in the world would love a 0.5% fraud rate...when will you people get the message..

There is no problem with fraud.... any company in the world would love a 0.5% fraud rate...when will you people get the message..

Get what message

Genuine claimants are going to be hit hardest, because of the ones who have claimed DLA fraudulent ...

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

i give up....you really think all this was done for fraud? I suggest you go away and have a read .. There is a far far bigger agenda going on.. PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE..

Bye then....

i give up....you really think all this was done for fraud? I suggest you go away and have a read .. There is a far far bigger agenda going on.. PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE..

60 million plus people live in the UK,so private health insurance is Not going to happen over night and if private health insurance became compulsory for everyone in the UK,by the time it was introduced, every user of this forum now would have died of old age or died of worry geoffthechef....

Are you worried about something !

I do actuality support the genuine claimants you know,the ones who cant work due to serious illness/disability,the ones who need help getting to work,the one's who need help at home and so on.

I don't support the ones who have little if anything wrong with them at all and think benefits are a right !

It's because apparently too many people are claiming DLA. There are 6% of people claiming DLA and around 14% of people are disabled.

It's nothing more than to save money.

Your correct,unfortunately the genuine claimants are been hit the hardest and the small amount of people who commit benefit fraud, are wrecking it for those most in need....

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

650 MPs

Then there 23 millionaires in the Cabinet,who will never have to worry about paying there bills and will be able to afford private heath care,much to the relief of geoffthechef....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/election/article-1280554/The-coalition-millionaires-23-29-member-new-cabinet-worth-1m--Lib-Dems-just-wealthy-Tories.html

Edited by 45002

I am worried sick about what the government is doing for/to the sick, disabled and other benefit recipients.

I broke my back in a M/cycle accident in the 70s. After a long rest I was able to return to work. In the 90s an accident at work finished me off (although I was still able to walk, just). I got no compo or IIB as it was deemed the damage was due to the accident in the 70s despite the 20 year between. Being unable to carry on with my job I was put on Invalidity benefit and DLA.

As I was unable to do anything I had done before, I went back into education and got the qualifications to go to Uni as a mature student (It was free then and one got a maintenance grant). After spending 5 years I doing this i was stopped from going back into work by a series of heart attacks. I was now on Incapacity Benefit and DLA.

Between heart attacks I decided to take advantage of a new voluntary scheme (it really was then) with a new company called A4e. Their treatment of me managed to remove any silly ideas I had about aver returning to work.

After more heart attacks and another hospital visit things settled down a bit. There was an election, nobody won although constitutionally Gorden was still PM he decided to resign when the Wigs (LIb Dems) decided to team up with their sworn enemy the Tories (Conservatives). By default although not voted in Dave became PM. I was worried a little knowing how the Tories hated the welfare state and NHS, but was a assured how under Maggie they had at least supported the disabled by bringing in DLA, and in their 2010 manifesto had promised to keep it and not get rid of any pensioner benefits. This added to the fact that the Lib Dems were now on board, who had up to now moved the the left of New Labour.

How wrong I was! The roll out of ESA that had been started by labour was found to be totally inadequate but was not drastically changed. I was now awaiting my brown envelope (bit of irony there) at the same time as I was awaiting another hospital visit (this no double added to my angina). To cut a long story short I got put in the support group and even manged to get my heart op' in this time, in-time to avoid more heart attacks. Things at last appeared to be not to bad, and I thought the new DLA couldn't be any worse than the ESA farce that I had got through.

How wrong I was! I now learn that under the new rules for PIP most will lose their support, and under Universal Credit many will lose their Pension Guarantee Credit (so much for the protection of DLA and pensioner benefits, no doubt blamed on the Lib Dems or labour. Just not the CONservatives). Which could easily result in a couple with a pensioner with a younger spouse getting less than half that of a single pensioner. That is bad enough, there is the fear of private health; no company is going to cover someone who needs heart surgery every couple of years, not to mention the cost of the medication.

I do despair. Added to this I have to hide my disability for fear of the abuse!

I feel for you! What you have to do is keep fighting the [EDIT],as long as i have a breath in me i will fight them along the way..

Use what is out there for you,ie help services (that are being cut to the bone) and also get your MP of his/her backside and do some work for you until they are sick to death of helping people with this system..(my mp hates me) maybe they might understand that the system for the normal man in the street is broken..

Join on line campaigns so you get a feeling of that you are doing something...i have been a memeber of amesty for years and get a lot of pleasure doing clemency appeals.

I have just had my dla medical at home again(i am at tribunal stage) and i can honestly say that what the doctor has written is a honest reflection of what he was told and seen..I dont know whether i have passed or not but do not think that all the doctors are little hitlers out to con you because the one i just had could not have been more professional if he tried..

I hope you get what you want but remember get help because trying to do it on your own without knowing or really understanding the rules is madness and leaves you at the mercy of the system...keep your chin up..

And people who are saying this is all about fraud are doing the mps jobs for them as it lets the mps off the hook..it is all about attacks and the financial enslaving of the weak,sick and the poor. Fraud is 0.5% and some people are saying this is the reason..Its not.. Its a pure outright attack on one section of society whose weakness is understood and used by those in power to exploit those people.. Those who are denying this by saying its about fraud are lackeys..

Edited by seanamarts
swearing removed

My MP is not a lot of good, I live in a ward that was labour for years, but now has a new tory MP. A backbencher who seems to be very much of the tory line. I wrote to him in the past and he ignored me, I eventually shamed him into answering by writing to my local conservative party saying as a tory he cared nothing for the common people. He then got IDS to write to me about how the disabled needed helping!

I feel for you! What you have to do is keep fighting the [EDIT],as long as i have a breath in me i will fight them along the way..

Use what is out there for you,ie help services (that are being cut to the bone) and also get your MP of his/her backside and do some work for you until they are sick to death of helping people with this system..(my mp hates me) maybe they might understand that the system for the normal man in the street is broken..

Join on line campaigns so you get a feeling of that you are doing something...i have been a memeber of amesty for years and get a lot of pleasure doing clemency appeals.

I have just had my dla medical at home again(i am at tribunal stage) and i can honestly say that what the doctor has written is a honest reflection of what he was told and seen..I dont know whether i have passed or not but do not think that all the doctors are little hitlers out to con you because the one i just had could not have been more professional if he tried..

I hope you get what you want but remember get help because trying to do it on your own without knowing or really understanding the rules is madness and leaves you at the mercy of the system...keep your chin up..

And people who are saying this is all about fraud are doing the mps jobs for them as it lets the mps off the hook..it is all about attacks and the financial enslaving of the weak,sick and the poor. Fraud is 0.5% and some people are saying this is the reason..Its not.. Its a pure outright attack on one section of society whose weakness is understood and used by those in power to exploit those people.. Those who are denying this by saying its about fraud are lackeys..

So are you personal worried about alls theses changes may affect you geoffthechef and in what way ?

CAG user may be able to advise you and help you.....

Edited by 45002

So are you personal worried about alls theses changes may affect you geoffthechef and in what way ?

CAG user may be able to advise you and help you.....

No not personally worried at all because i am in a situation in that gives me options and i understand the system.. but i am very very worried for other people and wonder how people who do not fully understand the system will find their way through it without the help of professionals..is not all self self..

My MP is not a lot of good, I live in a ward that was labour for years, but now has a new tory MP. A backbencher who seems to be very much of the tory line. I wrote to him in the past and he ignored me, I eventually shamed him into answering by writing to my local conservative party saying as a tory he cared nothing for the common people. He then got IDS to write to me about how the disabled needed helping!

BADGER him and force him to help you...my mp has to help me but detests me and my politics but i do not let him off the hook. Over the last ten years he must of had 200 letters from me asking things and he does respond in a sort of kind of way but if he ignores what i ask, i point it out to him and ask him again....dont give them a easy life, let them be responsible for what they are voting for..

Use this as its monitored http://www.writetothem.com/

Edited by geoffthechef
ADDING ADRESS