NRAM Vs ME!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys and Girls,

I have a mortgage which I have had since DEC 2006, in May 2007 I was made redundant and again in April 2008 lol

This put me in a very difficult situation with my mortgage and I got behind on payments, I managed to get the payments back in line eventually but not before NRAM slapped on plenty of arrears charges etc, I heard that these £55.00 charges were unlawful and not in keeping with their actual costs, so I took it upon myself to send them a letter requesting these monies back. Please see below:

21st February 2012

Dear Sir or Madam,

Ref: Account number: #########

Please consider this letter to be a formal request that you repay all default charges that have been applied to my account. I do not believe these charges reflect the true cost to you.

Please see a full breakdown of all I believe to be excessive and unfair attached.

You have taken £2,560.86 from me, plus interest of 8% per annum and I would like to request repayment of the full amount including interest. I also ask you to ensure any late payment notices entered against my credit record are removed entirely.

Please repay this money in full and remove any late payments relating to this period within 14 days. If this is not done, I will begin a claim against you for the full amount, plus interest and my costs.

I look forward to your response.

Yours faithfully,

Mr TBQFH,

Well i haven't heard a dickie bird from them not even a reply to say they were looking in to it!

Can anyone advise me where to go next with it?

I did send the letter recorded signed for.

Thanks in advance

These are the charges that I listed in a separate excel document.

Date Transaction Charge

01-Aug-07 Arrears Charge £25.00

15-Aug-07 Solicitors Instruction Fee £30.00

01-Sep-07 Arrears Charge £55.00

01-Oct-07 Arrears Charge £25.00

12-Oct-07 Affidavit Fee £30.00

01-Nov-07 Arrears Charge £55.00

27-Nov-07 Legal Fees £510.63

01-Dec-07 Arrears Charge £55.00

14-Dec-07 Payment Option Fee £25.00

01-Jan-08 Arrears Charge £55.00

01-Feb-08 Arrears Charge £55.00

01-Mar-08 Arrears Charge £55.00

01-Mar-08 Debt Councelling £47.00

26-Mar-08 Legal Fees £663.23

01-Apr-08 Arrears Charge £55.00

01-May-08 Arrears Charge £55.00

01-Jun-08 Arrears Charge £55.00

01-Jul-08 Arrears Charge £55.00

01-Sep-08 Arrears Charge £55.00

01-Oct-08 Arrears Charge £55.00

01-Nov-08 Arrears Charge £55.00

01-Dec-08 Arrears Charge £55.00

14-Dec-08 Payment Option Fee £25.00

01-Jan-09 Arrears Charge £55.00

01-Feb-09 Arrears Charge £55.00

01-Mar-09 Arrears Charge £55.00

01-Apr-09 Arrears Charge £55.00

01-May-09 Arrears Charge £55.00

01-Jun-09 Arrears Charge £55.00

01-Jul-09 Arrears Charge £55.00

14-Dec-10 Payment Option Fee £25.00

£2,560.86

You'll have to follow due complaints process first. Don;t go to litigation yet, but equally the ball is in their court so let it stress you out.

Under FSA rules, NRAM has 8 weeks (I think) in which to provide you with their final response. If they refund, all well and good but if they don;t, then their final response allows you to take your compliant to the Ombudsman. Have a look at NRAMs complaint's procedure and similarly FOS (financial ombudsman service) will detail exactly what the timelines are. In all honesty, you might also be advised to give them (NRAM) a call and ask them if they have your complaint.

Invariably (although not in all cases), all the while your complaint is "live" any action on that complaint is suspended until you get a ruling, so even if it does go the distance take some comfort that the situation can't or shouldn;t get worse in this time.

Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

Hi thereJust wondered if you had made any progress with your complaint to NRAM? The charges you listed are almost identical to mine! Did you ever hear back from NRAM? I also wrote a letter of complaint about the charges making matters worse for me; the next thing I knew, they wrote to me threatening eviction?

Would I be ok starting a small claims case with the info I have or would I need to try and work the interest out first?

Has anyone ever started a small claims case against a bank or mortgage lender before that can give me some pointers?

Thnaks for your reply

tbqfh