multiple PDLs....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stickies mean the topics ont he forum that are locked to the front page.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/Credit/complaint-form.pdf is the form you want.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I am filling in the form now. what do i say for question 2 'did the lender explain any of the following'? - high interest, short term loan, rollover will increase loan, total cost

It means did they tell you that you would incur this level of interest. it could be seen as right or wrong, but the oft still needs to know.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

It means were you informed by ANY means. Either in an email, letter, your credit agreement, on the website etc. Although legally it should have been stated on the agreement you signed.

God QQ are just stupid!!! I sent them an email stating they have to accept a plan that I can afford etc and they reply with the same £269 email over 3 months lol

Theyre an american based company that thinks they arent bound by UK rules. Keep persisting with your proposal for a repayment plan. Remember, if they try to send it to a court ( looooong way off), you have full and complete written proof that you have tried to negotiate dozens of times.

Just make sure you are making continuous token payments every week/month to show any court your willingness to pay, and you arent just trying to stall it. The token payments can be anything from £1 a week month to the amount you propose to them.

their latest reply:

Customer # 3509773

We received your email regarding your loan balance and your situation has been noted. Collection procedures will continue until an acceptable payment arrangement is made.

Please call our Collections Department to set up a scheduled payment plan.

I have just stated again the amount that I can afford and that I have complained to OFT. I will be paying £50 on 30th May and will continue to do so till the debt is paid.

Reply to them and TELL them that you are trying to make an acceptable arrangement but they are refusing to listen. They are also trying to threaten you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?349703-Payday-Loan-Companies-and-OFT-Guidance-on-Debt-Collection(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Have a read of that. I've simplified it a little and it's not exhaustive. As you can see, QQ willingly break OFT guidance the majority of the time.

If i were you, i would get a complaint in with the PDL and OFT, pay a token amount per week/month and keep sending those repayment plan letters. Tell them that you are paying them a token amount to show willingness to repay and you arent avoidance the debt, and with each letter, make sure you state clearly the amount you have repaid to date, along with any transaction information.

they have just sent the same stupid email:

We have received your email regarding your loan balance and your situation has been noted. Collection procedures will continue until an acceptable payment arrangement is made.

Please cal our collections department to set up a schedule payment plan

Make sure you state in your letters or emails, that you will only correspond by return, and that they are breaking UK OFT regulation by telling you that you MUST phone them and they arent corresponding by other methods. Also tell them that it is your legal right under UK law to have all correspondence back and forward in full writing, should you need to provide evidence to the PDL or to a judge in a court, as well as for your own records.

The main thing is that you get that complaint in with as much info as you can, and every time QQ break those guidance regulations, you MUST update the complaint.

LATEST email -

We received your email regarding your loan balance and your situation has been noted. Collection procedures will continue until an acceptable payment arrangement is made. May I suggest you seek a debt management company for assistance with your account.

Hope you are sending all this to the OFT, as they are completely ignoring your requests for a repayment plan you can afford and threatening you with DCA's unless you agree to THEIR plan.

You should be able to update your original complaint.

Could always convert them into one PDF file.

So far I have 11 emails with multiple replies each to send. I was thinking about copying them to a word document.

Couldn't they claim they have been edited though

think I might just open up an email and copy each into it.

I would save them complete with all header information. This will prove that they havent been edited. They could claim they have been, but they havent yet, so lets not worry about it just yet.