Bring it on Barclays

marisjc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Last night I filled out a claim online to get back the "paid referral fees" Barclays have charged me.

After my initial letter mysteriously went missing in the post twice, despite being sent recorded delivery, I got a response the third time. (I chased this one up and was fuelled with confidence when the lad on the phone told me he was doing the same!)

The letter was just a standard one saying they were sorry I had a complaint blah blah blah. This was accompanied by a leaflet in making complaints.

I sent another letter and within 10 days had an final offer settlement for £150 (out of £275 owed).

I sent a LBA letter and about a week later received another letter saying they were prepared to offer me £150 but no more and also suggesting they knew I would take them to court but they weren't bothered.

So last night I filled in an online form to reclaim the full ammount, plus interest, in court, so we'll have to see what happens.

I'll be cacking it if I have to go to court like. Has that happened to anyone?

Forgot to add - does anyone know if Barclays have a tendancy to close down accounts? I've got a pretty hefty overdraft, which I'm never out of, and a BAD credit rating so also worried about finding another bank that will take on my overdraft????

sorry guys, I'm so scatty! Also forgot to mention that only last week I got charged for going over my overdraft limit (might I add it's gone up from £25 to £30 now!)

It also stated that because I haven't gone over my overdraft limit for a year they had refunded it on this occasion.

The strange thing was my boyfriend (who isn't reclaiming his bank charges until I prove him it can be done! but who has also not gone over his overdraft limit for more than a year) received a letter on the same day - with no offer of a refund!

Do I detect a hint of fear from Barclays??

To date, as far as I know, Barclays have yet to make an appearance in Court. They usually settle a few days before the hearing date.

So dont worry, even if you do have to make an appearance yourself, the chances of them turning up are remote to say the least

Preliminary Letter sent to Woolwich 05/06

LBA sent 19/06

Court claim filed 04/07 : Total £824.75

Acknowledgement of Service 27/07

Defence received 08/08

AQ filed 11/08

Barclays AQ filed 05/09

Hearing date 20/12

SETTLED IN FULL £840.49: 14/12/06