Can I claim back overdraft charges?

Ryan88
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've read a lot of conflicting articles online regarding this issue. Some websites say I can, some say I don't stand a chance.

It is regarding an 'Ultimate Reward' account with Halifax, and the charges were applied from 2009-2011

I wouldn't need to send out a SAR as I have access to online banking and I can view them all that way.

It's roughly £800 in charges - most of them were "UNPLANNED O/D FEES" and a few were "PLANNED O/D FEES". Not sure why that is the case and not sure of the significant difference because as far as I can remember my overdraft limit was £250 and the charges were £5 per day whilst over the agreed o/d limit.

Nearly all the charges were in multiples of £5, except for three of them

Planned O/D Fees - £12

Planned O/D Fees - £31

Planned O/D Fees - £26

The account is currently frozen (owe £350) and I have an arrangement with them to pay back a certain amount each month so was just wondering if I stand any chance of being successful, or would it just be a complete waste of time?

Hi

Sadly overdraft charges are off the menu for reclaiming now unless you are claiming under the hardship rules.

The other opportunity may be BCOBS where a bank has a duty to treat you fairly

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?849-BCOBS-Round-up-Making-your-bank-treat-you-failry

ims