Hyundai i20 - Pre Registered, Lots of bodywork repairs HELP!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I purchased a Hyundai i20 classic as a pre-registered vehicle (61) Plate in Jan 2012 the car had 36 miles

on the clock. After a few weeks I noticed a paint blister on the bonnet, I took it back to the dealer and they said they would log a claim with Hyundai for a paint claim. I heard nothing after a month, the weather brightened up and gave the car a good clean and polish and noticed more and more body work issues that had been patched up..!

The boot had a different shade of grey under the wiper blade about 65cms long

The Tailgate had laquer runs on the leading edge of the boot

The rear quarter was a different shade of grey

The drivers door has been filled around the door handle (poorly)

I had the car inspected by the Hyundai dealerships bodyshop and there report was a follows

High Paint Depths of 130-170 on the upper tailgate, where the rest of the car is 80-105.

Signs of masking on the N/S quarter panel

Paint colour differnce around the rear screen

Contamination of the paint on the upper N/S quarter panel

N/S/F door appears to have some scratches or rubbing down marks under the laquer around the door handle

The bonnet has contamination in the paint under the laquer on the O/S

The rear lamps do not appear to be aligned correctly

Their closing comments were

The defects suggest that the vehicle has had repair work carried out to the tailgate, bonnet, N/S/F door and N/S/R Quater panel. The also believe the car has had a rear screen as the surround is slightly bent.

I have contacted the dealer, hyundai and also the finance company - all intent on giving me the run around.

Hyundai - say it got to go the the paint warranty dept this could take 2 weeks

Hyundai Finance (Santender) say you need to follow our complaints proceedure and we have 8 weeks to resolve your problem...sir)

Hyundai dealer - takes days to return my calls (although I said I no longer want the car and would like to do an exhange for an IX35 my phone doesn't stop ringing now, but when I want something they are "always busy"

So I am stuck really I no longer want this car, if i wanted a Cat D or C i20 I would of bought one!

So far I think Hyundai will pay for the repairs but the car will look awful having the boot and the quater done missing out the rear door, painting the front door, missing out the wing and then painting the bonnet!

I spoke to the dealer they offered me £6k for the car in exhange for an IX35 (bearing in mind the car was £10k 2 months ago!!!!

I am sick and tired of Hyundai and their lack lustre service and now want to go down the legal route to either have the full value refunded, a new car or betterment, or the full value discounted against a new IX35. But I DO NOT WANT THE CAR PAINTED as it will effect the value (so if this is the only option what can I expect in the way of compensation in deminished vlaue of the repaired vehicle)

My daughter sits on the side of the car that has been repaired and I am not confident of the work that has been carried out or what other damage paint work or structuaral is still on the car I have not noticed yet!

So any help with regards to the above options would be a massive help!!!