Relocation Package offered, signed then withdrawn

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

I hope this is the correct forum. I am relocating within my large international company back home to the UK (with same company). Over a week ago, they had informed me that my relocation package had been approved, then sent me the terms and conditions which i then signed and sent back. The relocation firm started to offer services, visa's removal, flights booking = etc.

Then today I had a call (24 days before I am supposed to travel) saying that it had been all been blocked, and that if I wanted the job, I would have to pay for everything myself, I don't have that kind of money. I have not officially resigned from my current post, thank god.

No employment contract has been signed yet, just this T+C's of relocation. I think if I push I may get no job + nothing. But is it legal, to agree relocation services, start them and then withdraw then?

Any advice appreciated, as well as not being able to afford to relocate myself, I probably cannot afford to hire a lawyer either, so all advice very welcome.

Thanks, Jhary

Dear Honey Bee, Thank you for the welcome.

I am in Czech Republic now and the new position I am transferring to is in the UK. The relocation offer was sent from the UK and covered the expenses I would need in order to leave the Czech Republic and move to the UK

I would suggest that you have no recourse under UK legislation as you are not employed here (unless they sent you out to Czech in the first case).

Have you signed a UK contract of employment containing these terms, you Uk salary etc? if not, then I feel it is just a tough luck suituation.