ppi reclaim without account details

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - my brother has 2 ppi's but the accounts are closed and he doesn't have the account details, we know the 2 companies :

1. Peugeot's Finance company in 2005

2. A loan from Tesco

How do we go about starting this without the account/loan details please? :|

kind regards

Manda

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi and welcome to CAG.

You will need to send a Subject Access Request (SAR) to each lender. Template is in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green.

Make sure you give full name and the address(es) you were at when the loans were taken out and for the duration of them.

ims

• 1 month later...

Hi - i am claiming back my sister in laws ppi's for her and she has found the following, please could i have some advice as to what letters to send them to start claiming back please and if this is ok?

1. Peugeot Finance - ppi included, not sure how much she actually paid as the load was over 60 months but cleared before the end of the term. Its was taken out in her maiden name in 2007 and paid it until at least 2010 @ around £28 pcm (ppi payment). I have got the loan account details and their address etc.

2. Tesco finance - 2 loans - only found the documents for 1 though, the loan was taken out in 2007, got the account details for this too but not the first loan with them. The 2nd one says on the agreement that the ppi was £2000, the loan was £12000.

How far can we claim back? what letters do i need to send now and how do i get th einfo for the first loan with tesco please :)

many thanks

Amanda

The Tesco one you haven't got the agreement for have you?

Did the second Tesco Loan pay off the first one?

As regards the other one you don't know when the account was settled or how many payments were made.

This being the case I would SAR each of them to get the full account history. From the information that comes back you should be able to prepare a spreadsheet showing how much you should expect to receive.

For the Tesco SAR make sure you include a paragraph to the effect that you want copies of all and any loan agreements.

You will also need a fos questionnaire which is available from the fos website. This will go with your claim letter to the lender but before you do anything I would get the SAR information

ims

Hi Ims

re: Tesco - yes the second loan paid off the first one. Got the full credit agreement for the second one and amount of ppi - this loan was paid in full.

re: peugeot, i have the credit agreement, amount of ppi per month and run down from them of how many payments were made and when until

would you still send sar? can we ask tesco about the first loan in the sar?

kind regards many thanks

Amanda

SAR Tesco...you want that first agreement and by doing a SAR you should get everything including transaction history

So you do have a record of the payments made for the Peugeot one. Do you also have the settlement figure for when it was paid off early. If not SAR them too to get the full picture

• 1 month later...

Hi, got the tesco one back - there are 3 loans as follows:

1. taken out 2005 - ppi £501.00 - repayed early 25/9/2006 with another loan with tesco

2. taken out 25/9/2006 - ppi £1,257 + interest, on their document = £1719) - repayed early 19/9/2007 with another loan with tesco

3. taken out 19/09/2007 - ppi £2048 + interest, on their document = £2228 - early repayment 20/01/2011 with another loan with another company

still waiting for the Peugeot one to come back, what should i do with the tesco ones now?

kind regards

Amanda

No

Don't click the word "signature"....look at the list of numbered items at the foot of my posts....No.1 is called "Single Premium PPI Q&A"...the blue "Read Here" is a link

ims

• 5 weeks later...

Hi - just had a read through have got to get a move on with them, it looks like all 3 loans were tesco and each one was paid off with another - would you calculate all 3 on the spreadsheet? once thats input whats the template letter to send and do you have to send the spreadsheet with it?

Can they deal with all 3 combined?

sorry this is kind of more complicated than the bank charge thing ill get the hang of it :)

kind regards

Amanda

Yes they can deal with all three combined.

There isn't a template letter. Send a completed fos questionnaire, print out of completed spreadsheet and a brief covering letter.

One spreadsheet will handle it all for you (StatIntSheetv101.xls) although you may need to use LoanAnalysis.xls when calculating the settlement figures for each loan

Have you got all the figures on the agreements from Tesco yet?

Thanks for replying, yes got those, its working it as they are early repayments, i have got as far as this?

1. ppi - £501 - 48 payments of £13.57 = £651.36 which includes the interest - i have added up the payments which were 14 @ £13.57 then the settlement was £2618.00 which i divided by monthly payments which came to an estimated 27.62 payments then multiplied the £13.57 by that and added 8% which comes to £564.78 - is that right?

I am struggling with the loan calculator so did it that way above ? bear with me sorry,

Where is the link to the stat sheet and questionnaire?

kind regards and thanks

Amanda

You need to know what percentage the ppi was to the total of loan 1.

What was the cash loan amount for loan 1 (excluding the PPI loan)?

Statutory interest sheet is here

StatIntSheet v101.xls

Fos consumer questionnaire is available from the fos website

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

OK so loan 1 PPI was 14.31% of the total loan (501/3501 x 100).

In the statutory interest sheet list 14 payment of £13.57 giving the date of the payment, the description ("PPI Payment") and the amount.

The settlement figure was £2,618 of which 14.31% was ppi = £374.64. Make a note of that figure.

Did you receive a rebate for the PPI on loan 1 at the point of settlement? If so, how much was it?

Thanks for that :) it says loan rebate £604.75 no other details and early repayment £2618.79, i am assuming thats just a discount for early repayment, says nothing about any ppi rebate on it at all.

Ill start inputting that in - do you want the details of the 2nd one?

many thanks

Amanda

Ok its unlikely to be PPI rebate so lets forget that for now. It might become more apparent in any PPI offer they might make to you.

Yes, can you let me have all of the figures for loan 2 please.