just starting

lyns62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi to everyone

i just want to say what a great site this is,every-one in the same position and all the support that is given is wonderful.

i'm a complete thicko when it comes to computers,it's taken me all afternoon to work out how to start a thread(not sure that i have yet)

anyway on the 12th august i plucked up the courage to send a sar to barclays.even reading the success stories,i still thought they would instantly shut our account down,a week later i got a letter saying they could'nt comply with my request blah,blah,blah,but would send copy statements within a week(exactly the same as many on this site)two days before the forty day deadline three packages arrived with six years worth off statements.

i was shocked to find i have been charged £2410.00.which would,nt be so bad if it was actually over a six year period,but the majority seems to be around two years.i am so angry now that any doubts i had about this action have flown straight out the window.

just for re-assurance it's the preliminary approach for repayment that i need to send next?.then wait for the re-fusal,then onto the letter before action?.i dont want to get too carried away at the moment,it seems a lot to take in.

i would like to say good luck to everyone that are starting to take action against these day light robbers.:-)

Yes. Send the Prelim letter together with a copy of the schedule of charges which you'll find in the templates section. Double check your entries first.

Delete the columns relating to Days since offence and Interest @ 8%, as they don't come into the equasion until you claim at Court..

Print two copies out - you will need the second to attach to the LBA letter which is sent 14 days after the Prelim letter.

Good Luck

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

Lyns62 welcome, Welshman has pointed you in the right direction but take you time to look through your statements again since they do sometimes duplicate them. Good luck and keep up the fight.

Just ask any question here and you will surely get an answer to it.

Sam

thanks welshman

although i could read the instructions all day long they dont really seem to sink in,it's nice to know some-one is reading with interest(no pun intended).its a lot easier if some-one just says do this do that,

goonertw,

Before you start sending off letters, you need to have a good look around this site to be sure of the process first. Read around the forum a bit, particularly the FAQs and the Step-by-step. Then you can look at the letter templates in the library.

Then, when you're ready you need to start your own thread.

Stick with it we'll be with you each step along the way.

Victimnomore

By day, quiet unassuming bank customer - but, by night, .. .. .. .. ..

Barclays Case1

14/03/07 **WON** FULL settlement £3358.39

Barclays Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £187.91 back.

Halifax Case1

14/03/07 **WON** Refunded £728 (including £54 costs)

Halifax Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £268.24 back.