Champix

zipalong
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Am trying to find out if anyone else has had side effects with Champix, especially depression, paranoid illusions and violence, all made worse when taking alchol?

My ex partner is blaming his actions of violence and jealousy on the tablets, just wondering if there is any information available, lots of the information says of other side effects but none mention the symptoms being made worse when drinking?

Post this in the smoking forum as well because there is discussion of this product there

• 3 weeks later...

I recommend seeing a doctor rather than nurse. If you have ever taken any anti-depressatnts - Champix is not for you. Low levels of iron? Anaemia? Dont use it or contact a doctor. I witnessed toughest and the most fit people(even though they were smokers) collapse, go dopey, angry, sudden kidney problems, headaches, you name it - they experienced it. Vanericiline was used on soldiers returning from war and worked as an anti depressant. Side effects of drug were discovered - soldiers stopped smoking.

Its a bit of a nasty drug. Yes - it will make you smoke less and yes, perhaps it will make you stop smoking but the changes this drug makes in your system are irreversible. I recommend doing a long, in-depth research on-line about the origins of Champix.