Ministers admit ESA has problems

antone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Really. There are problems with ESA? Whodda thunk it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16937742

At least 35,000 people applying for sickness benefit are waiting longer than 13 weeks, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has admitted.

DWP officials are privately blaming the backlog of employment and support allowance claims on French firm Atos, which carries out medical assessments

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

The only thing they are worried about is that the system isn't shoving more claimants, more quickly into poverty, or destitution. How long before the 21st century version of the workhouse?

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Well voices are growing, but wether anyone will take action over this is anybody's guess. Seems these days nobody cares how the sick and disabled are treated.

I think people do care they just don't know, like mushrooms they are kept in the dark and fed on s**t, the government has done a Stirling job so far with the help of the press to demonise those claiming ESA, and JSA for that matter, If Joe public knew the full facts, the majority of decent people would be appalled.

I'm afraid that there will have to be some tragic consequences resulting from current and future legislation hitting the news before people will sit up and listen.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Really. There are problems with ESA? Whodda thunk it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16937742

No mention made of the thousands of appeals being made on a continuous merry go round. How much time and money, does that take up?

You have your "medical" then you appeal, then you fail your appeal, so claim ESA again, and on and on it goes.

What was that film? Ground Hog Day:roll:

I'm on my second one now.

This will be my last thank God, as I can soon move onto Pension Credit

In reply to odset...tragic news ...there was a local news report last night to say that a man who was waiting a heart transplant died 3 weeks after being told by atos saying he was fit for work !!!

BBC look north report.

Family said that it caused added stress to thier father ....

Feel so sad for them.

I am now on ESA, Assessment Phase.

This (February) is now my Sixth month on Assessment Phase, and still no sign of a medical!!! I received a form from ATOS in November, sent it back, and that's the last I have heard.

At least, if I pass the medical, or win on an appeal, I will have a nice backlog of 6+ months of the extra £30, or even more if its fail, appeal, tribunal win.

DLA are taking their sweet time on a decision too - I suspect that it will be a No, but would be nice to know soon :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]