Halifax Mortgage and Black Horse Secured Loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

Can anybody give me some advise as we feel that our hands are tied and that it is only right and proper that these Companies should do what they are/have done. In order to put every one in a clear picture I'm afraid I shall have to start from the beginning..... even though this is all very distressing and difficult for me and all my immediate Family,,,but here goes.... Firstly my Husband was made redundant and we did have an Insurance with Halifax to cover not only the mortgage but also his credit card with them. His application for cover was declined and the reason given was that he had not been with the same employer for over 6 months, I was not working due to ill health at the time and I was informed only then that I was not even on the policy...something new to me? anyway to cut the story short we ended up 6 months in arrears with the mortgage payments on top of this they added their charges and costs for letters etc. My husband was fortunate in getting a contract job for a while but with the low pay that he received we asked the Halifax if we could pay only the Interest...we were declined and told just to put what we could into the account....this went to more arrears and charges,and we just could not keep on top of things, Out secured loan with Black Horse turned out exactly the same and their secured loan jumped from 15,000 to 20,000+ now. All this resulted in Halifax re-possessing our Home even though we had been fortunate after trial and error to find a re-mortgage and everything was going through up to the point that all that was needed was for Black Horse to forward the Deed of Posponent....they refused on the grounds that the account was in arrears. They made pathetic demands for us to meet up to the last hour and even the re-mortgage Company contacted them themselves as they were totally disgusted with their attitude and lack of help in our case. Black Horse required 1. all the arrears be bought up to date immediately, we did not have this amount so therfore it was agreed they would take it from the re-mortgage monies....that was ok, even though it left us with very little, then 2, that was not good enough on top of that they required all tha balance of monies from the re-mortgage as a downpayment on the account..that we felt was unfair as the arrears were going to be up to date, and if we had to give them all the money that was left it would not cover essential adaptions to the property that we had to carry out due to my disabilities...that did not matter. 3, furthermore they requested payments from the re-mortgage Company to pay them for forwarding the Deed of Posponent, they were prepared to do this on our behalf, but this would mean that our repayments would be increased, consequently we ran out of time and Black Horse won together with Halifax at the end of the day. We lost our Home . We asked Halifax if we could put the Home on the market ourselves to try and get a better asking price as the prices of properties on the estate vary from 130,000 to 139,000, and in the meantime we had had the home valued for selling purpose for 135.750, which would mean that this would clear Halifax and the Black Horse and prehaps we would be lucky in getting 2000 out of it. Halifax delined and refused us to put it on the market. They have put in on the market through a local Estate Agent for 112.950. This means that there will prehaps be just enough to clear themselve we dont know as they are charging over 16.00 a day interest on us whilst it is on the market plus charges and costs, It seems that there will be nothing for Black Horse at the end of the sale. but really it is their own fault as they refused to forward the Deed of Posponent even though their demands were to be met and on top of all that the re-mortgage Company were going to give us a further advance at the end of this year to clear Black Horse altogether. I have written to Black Horse to ask them what are they prepared to do as means of Compensation to us as it their doing that has resulted in the re-possession of our Home and at the end of the day there will be no equity left to repay their high interest loan at all. I have not received a reply, neither have we received a reply from Halifax to ask why all the refusals and why put the Home on the market for so little. Can anyone advise us of our Rights in this disturbing matter or havent we got any, are we suppose to just sit and let all this happen around us......heartbroken abd stressed out. Sorry for the long story