Agency work problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Hopefully someone can help me with this

Have been working for an agency for 12weeks , we were more or less forced to go self employed due to the new pay parity laws that came in ( well basically told sign it or leave)

Now jobs have become available with the company but we are being told that we cant go for them as the agency would ask for compensation.

Does this sound right as we are currently self employed and am not sure on the law on this matter ...

Thanks in advance

I know some what how you feel.

My agency is dodging the 12 week with the same hirer period too. Ok not forcing me to go self employed but saying that the time I have been with them resets for another year before I get any pay rate increase. I have been through the ACAS check list to see any of the reasons why I should not be given equal pay as a full time employee at my level and none of them apply. I even showed the direct.gov web site but they blatantly reject this law change and say that payroll will produce a letter explaining why this not the case. I can't wait to see this to be honest. I know the full timers are being paid more as I have ask what the rates they are been played directly. Ok I need something written down which will be my next task to obtain.

Even in their contact which I have a copy of it all talks about the 12 week qualifying period. Nothing what so ever about have to wait a year for any pay rise and putting salt in the wound I have already been there for a year and have received no pay increasew hat so ever. :mad2::mad2:

Edited by Greer8472