BLS defaulted me unfairly

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi im looking for advice.

In july 2010 i was put on a payment plan as i got into debt with my overdraft with the halifax. i agreed to pay £30.00 per month as i wasnt working.

At this point they froze my account so i wouldnt incur any charges.

In August 2011 i still had an outstanding amount and was offered a further 3 month payment plan with the halifax which i accepted,

in September i called to make a payment and everything was ok.

on sepember 20th i recieved a solicitors letter threatening me that if i didnt pay the outstanding balance within 14days i would have court action taken against me.

The solicitors were called SCM I called the Halifax who told me to ignore the letter as it had been sent out in error,

in october i called to make a playment to find that my account had been handed over to blair oliver and scott and the halifax refused to take a payment

i asked if i could be put through too blair oliver and scott i was told i had to wait untill it had been decided what was happening with my account.

After alot of arguing eventually a number was given to me i explained to blair oliver and scott that i had to make a payment by the 9th october. They took the payment,

I called Blair oliver and scott mid oct and they explained to me that they were handing me over to BLS collections,

i called the halifax as i was annoyed and disatisified with the service they looked into it

and noticed i had just under 300 pounds worth of charges on the account

this was then credited back to me and brought my outstanding balance down

I never recieved any correspondence from BLS,

initally i got their number from the halifax and called BLS to arrange payments

they explained to me that i could make a payment over the phone and in branch.

in December after asking several times i eventually got a letter from them but still didnt explain who they were etc.

I managed to pay my remaining balance off at the beginning of jan i have got a default on the account

they are saying to me that i recieved a letter stating this, i never recieved a letter.

I have also been accused 3 times of lying and not keeping up to date payments by BLS on all 3 occasions thay have been proven wrong.

no apologys.

I want my Default removed

i have been treated appalingly by Halifax and BLS they have admitted it as they have paid me compensation,

i have today put in a further complaint and they have said they will respond within 48hrs,

i am complaining as yesterday i was told it defaulted because i didnt keep up payments

i asked him to look back at my payments and was told he couldnt as he didnt have my payment schedule in front of him

so i asked him how he could say i had missed a payment currently the financial ombudsman is looking into all this.

There also looking into the default being removed

• 4 weeks later...