How to chase for debt for services in UK for company based in Georgia?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope this is the right thread, if this is not the right place to ask please let me know.

I am based in UK and have done a freelance project for a company based in Georgia (not Georgia, US)

but the invoice deadline has long come and gone and I have no idea how to chase for this money as it would not be possible to threaten with small claims court in UK or anything in Europe? Any advice?

I am not sure this is the site for advice on debt collection in Georgia.

I think you should just chase it up and perhaps have a word with the Georgian UK embassy about how you could chase matters up, if you are not paid. I was just thinking the embassy might wish to foster good relations between UK and Georgian businesses, so they might have some contacts in Georgia.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

TBH I doubt if you'll have much luck collecting on a debt in Georgia, you would need to apply through their legal system & given the time and costs involved it may not be economical.

Does the company you did work for have any registered offices in the UK? If so, because they have fiscal & business interests here it may be possible to bring a UK action.