Behind with a court order URGENT *Eviction Stopped"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am behind with a court order with £2100. The reason for this is that I had an operation for prostrate cancer and I couldnt work for about 6 months during which time I was on sick pay. During this ime I kept paying my monthly payment but could not afford to pay anything towards the arrears as per the court order. Now my mortgage company has instructed their solicitors to go for posession. I am now back full time to work and paid last months payment in full including the arrears payment. How do I resolve this. Any one please help

I am behind with a court order with £2100. The reason for this is that I had an operation for prostrate cancer and I couldnt work for about 6 months during which time I was on sick pay. During this ime I kept paying my monthly payment but could not afford to pay anything towards the arrears as per the court order. Now my mortgage company has instructed their solicitors to go for posession. I am now back full time to work and paid last months payment in full including the arrears payment. How do I resolve this. Any one please help

Hung on there someone will help

Hi there, are the mortgage company saying they are going to apply for eviction? who are the mortgage company?We can help you to defend this but need some further information: when was the suspended possession order granted ? Did you ger in touch with the mortgage company when you were off sick to tell them about your situation ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Ell-en,

jonribs has problems logging in so I am letting hime use mine.

I did receive a letter from solicitors saying they has been instructed to go for evicition

I did tell the company I was sick telephoned them

The company is Webb resolutions

Suspended order given in july 2010

Are the total arrears £2,100 ?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Ell-enn,

The arrears are £14000 but when I got sick I couldnt keep up with the order. Have just found out that despite been off sick I am only £1000 behind with the court order and not £2100

Hi, what was the reason for the £14k arrears ?

Have you got documentary proof of your illness and also proof that you were only receiving sick pay ?

OK, how much extra are you supposed to pay towards the arrears each month? How many years are left on the mortgage ?

OK, first thing is to fill in a budget sheet - you will need that to go with a defence against eviction to show the judge you can afford the payments going forward. I have affixed the budget sheet we normally use - it calculates automatically as you fill it in. Let me know when you have done that.

Can you get 3 photocopies of each of the following : doctor's letter, payslip showing sick pay and payslip now you are back at work.

Budget Sheet.xls

Hi, you can email it to me at [email protected]

Hi there, I have seen your email and replied :)

Yes, no problem. Have you received the eviction notice yet?

Ell-enn,

Not yet. i received a call from the mortgage company asking whether I will be making the full monthly payment at the end of the month which i said i will. When i asked them why they have instructed their solicitor the guy was surprised and he was not aware of it. He then called me later this afternoon and asked me to fill a budget sheet which he has sent to me by post today and return it with my payslips for the last 3 months

You might find that their budget sheet does not have as many sections as the one we use - be careful how you fill it in and make sure you take a photocopy of it before you send it. Also make sure you send a covering letter with the budget sheet and payslips quoting your account number and the fact that you spoke to someone on the phone (did you get their name?). Send by recorded or special delivery. If you need help with the letter I'll happily draft one for you.

Ell-enn,

Hi. I was thinking of sending the budget sheet that you have helped me with. I would very much appreciate if you could help me with the covering letter. I will log off shortly to go to work but will log back in when I get to work at 7.30. Thanks very much for your help.

No problem, did you get the name of the guy you spoke to ?

I've done the letter (affixed), you need to insert your address and their address and also the name of the guy you spoke to (make sure it all stays on one page) and also ensure you have the correct address to send it to. Are you OK with editing the Word document?

Take a photocopy of your doctor's letter and enclose that as well as the budget sheet. Send by special delivery - it's a bit more expensive than recorded but it guarantees they get it the next day.

jonribs letter.doc

Lets hope they see sense and don't take any further action :)