Debt Sold On Despite Not Being Proved

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In the middle part of last year I had dealings with CAPQUEST over an alleged catalogue debt going back over 9 years. I didn't recall ever owing this money, so on advice from CAG I sent all of the relevant letters and postal order requesting proof of the alleged debt. I received nothing at all, in the end I sent the final letter to them in December 2010. Still nothing until this morning, when a letter from 'Lowell Financial' turned up, saying that I had been informed recently that my catalogue account had been sold to Lowell Portfolio...I have been informed of no such thing, and can only assume that CAPQUEST have sold it on despite providing me with no proof whatsoever. Can they do this? I am sure that the final letter I sent stated that they could not sell the debt on. What should my next step be? I assume that had there been any proof CAPQUEST would have provided it in the first instance.

All help appreciated

Thank you

Write to Lowell and tell them that you have absolutely no knowledge of this debt and that in the absence of any proof to the contrary you will not be communicating further. You may even include the fact that you will deem further attempts to contact you to be harassment.

I have found with Lowell that they do respond to email, so don't even waste the cost of postage - email them and copy it to yourself.

This is part of the DCA merry go round unfortunately.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi,

first of all do not ring Lowells, if they ring you just say "in writing only" and hang up.

Send Lowells this... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?426-A-letter-when-the-account-has-been-passed-to-another-debt-collection-agency

Also, when was the last payment made?

Have you checked your CRA file to see if the debt is on their or updated by either Capquest or Lowells?

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Hi Firstly a big THANK YOU to all who have responded. I have never made any payment regarding this. I have made a credit check and there is no reference to it at all. I will do as advised and email them immediately. Capquest hounded me constantly until I discovered CAG and was able to get help with letters then the phone calls stopped. I just hope that they don't begin again. Thank you again.

I have never made any payment regarding this

When you say never made a payment, is that from the very start with the original Creditor or to Capquest?

If it's not on your credit file then the debt is over 6 years old and looks very likely the Leeds Losers have bought yet another lemon :)

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you