unfair bank charges

srichy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anyone give me some advice,I have been told by my accountant that for last year I was charged up to £1500 in bank charges due to returned cheques etc,My bank manager told me they did not have the time or the money to keep an eye on my account,and refused me a tempoary over draft when needed which would have reduced the charges although she was quite happy to watch my account in the monthly period ,allowing payments up to £500.00 (which is what I needed for overdraft) to go through at a charge of £15.00 per day going into overdrawn ,which at the end of each day I wasnt when money was paid in, it was a tempoary cash flow problem (it was just a quiet period for us before xmas)The charge to set up an overdraft was £50.00 for the month a lot less than I paid out. I always have trouble trying to contact my bank manager and feel as though I am being avoided when I need help temporarily and even though my takings have shot up this year (no thanks to them just hard graft!)I have been asking for a tempoary overdraft again whilst we are on our quiet period again but as usual I am being ignored and just getting charges of £35.00 again each time a cheque is bounced I am wanting to try to claim my bank charges bank but dont know where to start any suggestions?

Have a look at the FAQs theres step by step instructions on what to do. I'd also advise reading lots of the older threads for cases which have been won so you can see in detail the procedures involved as done by someone in the same situation you are in. Basically reading lots on here and lots on related sites e.g. govan law centre website and other websites.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HBOS - Data Protection Act Request 03/08/06

HBOS - Statements received 29/08/06

HBOS - Preliminary Letter Asking for it Back 01/09/06

HBOS - LBA Sent 19/09/06

HBOS - Moneyclaim filed 06/10/06

HBOS - acknowledged claim 11/10/06

HBOS - partial offer received for £716 16/10/06

HBOS - I THINK I MIGHT HAVE WON!! HBOS credit my account

with £2341 + costs/interest!! will know details soon

26/10/06