Proving you checked in/out on oyster

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Urbanite, I have tried and failed on several occasions to obtain this JSR, but no one seems to know what it is. They all seem to go away and ask their supervisor and still come back with nothing.

Danny

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay just called TFL again, they have no idea, what a TRIM or JSR is, or a report which has more detail. They claim the one I got emailed is the only report they give out.

I have attached the segment of the report that I received from TFL. It provides a little more detail, and I hope confirms that I touched in and out where and when I should have.

Danny

tfl-journey.jpg

Edited by dan2011

What I'd advise is talking the person through exactly what you did. Once you have established that they are in a position to confirm all of your validations, ask them very specifically for a copy of whatever version of the report they're looking at. That's what I did and it worked.

I have attached the segment of the report that I received from TFL. It provides a little more detail, and I hope confirms that I touched in and out where and when I should have.

No!

That printout is missing the bit of the journey from Marylebone to Elephant&Castle. I think you are better off sending the printout from your card along with my explanation. You could try one more time to say what The Urbanite suggests above - it might work. Be aware though that individual journey history is only kept for 8 weeks and that time is nearly up.

Hi

Just had a letter from FCC, they have now 'based on the points I have raised" decided NOT to proceed with the prosecution. So now I can move on towards trying to find out why I got asked in the first place, since I do this same journey often, its only a matter of time I get checked again and I have to go through all this, and waste half a day off work and be thrown off the train. Anyone successfully received compensation, or have any thoughts on howto go about this. I find it disgraceful that i get asked to pay a fine, when I have done nothing wrong (even though I can then go through all the hoops to claim it back) .

Danny

Hi

Just had a letter from FCC, they have now 'based on the points I have raised" decided NOT to proceed with the prosecution. So now I can move on towards trying to find out why I got asked in the first place, since I do this same journey often, its only a matter of time I get checked again and I have to go through all this, and waste half a day off work and be thrown off the train. Anyone successfully received compensation, or have any thoughts on howto go about this. I find it disgraceful that i get asked to pay a fine, when I have done nothing wrong (even though I can then go through all the hoops to claim it back) .

Danny

First off, it's good news that they aren't prosecuting. I've been involved with a similar case before and although they dropped the prosecution they didn't feel the need to compensate.

As to why it happened, I'm hoping that a reply to my FOI request to TfL will throw some light on the matter. You can follow the case at http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/same_station_oyster_continuation. Depending on what they say, you might be able to use their reply as a bargaining tool to get compensation.

In the meantime you might like to consider the journey. Is there any way you can delay your re-entry at Marylebone? If what the helpdesk said about Tower Hill is the same here then you just need to leave more than 15 minutes between touch out and touch back in. Alternatively you could try using a different underground station for the return if any others are not too much out of the way.

tks Mike. I guess the question is why should I need to wait. If they have a 'bug' in the system then they have no right to ask me for a penalty fare. If they cannot tell my entire journey and their inspectors cannot judge who has touched in or out, then they are in no position to ask me to pay a penalty. I know this is argumentative but just a little annoyed.

Danny

• 1 month later...
Mike

Do you have an email add

Dan

You could send me a reply to a post on the(Link removed-please read site rules). It won't be published if it is obviously a message for me.