NW address for SAR and CCA

helen_b
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could you please let me know which are the best addresses to use for SAR and CCA?

I can see a number of addresses - one in Edinghburgh and one in central London - the official registered address.

Shall i use the London address for both letters or is it better to send to a person. Some of the posts are quite old though.

shall i try calling before posting?

Thank you

They will probably write to confirm your request will be dealt with in 40 days .

Should they not write I would advise a follow up either ringing or writing.

They received both myself and partners same day recorded delivery did not contact me

this was early November my partner has some data only back 6 years though.

On Christmas Eve I had a letter from them saying my signature in the original request does

not match the recognised signature on record.

This is utter rubbish as they are dealing with a PPI matter and this has not been an issue.

They probably are stalling fir whatever reason maybe not repaying me enough ?

Every case is different they may be efficient for once and deal more promptly

just thought a bit of insight is useful.

Hi Magar,

thank you for your message.

I was reading old posts from 2006-7 and i saw that at that time people were discussing that although some information was archived under an older system in 2002 (if i am right?) that they still have the records and should be releasing these.

If you have seen my earlier post i am arguing that my name should not have been on a joined account that recently ended in debt and I was prompted to be responsible for that. I am currently running a complaint against their poor account management years ago and also looking through the forum saw the option of claiming missold PPI which i believe to be the case for an earlier NW credit card account that my husband had. The joined account is in approx. 1.4k debit but if my husband claims the PPI and some unfair late penalty charges on the credit card only he will be able to claim 700 in PPI and charges and further 2000 in interest which would bring his account in credit.

I have mentioned that in my response to a letter from NW on the complaint i sent - they are still trying to say they've done nothing wrong.

Was that a mistake? A friend of mine was telling me that i should not become involved in my (ex-) husband's financial matters and keep a distance. I read however that if they owe you more money than you to them, they are meant to lift any 'default' status on the account and it might prove easier to argue it that way or I was happy to pursue both ways to see which will bring positive result sooner.

Any experience shared and any advice appreciated.

Thank you for the note for following with a letter if no response received. posted recorded.