Can I defer my student loan repayment

fro
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I can't find much info on this online, so I thought i pose the question here, my student loan started coming out of my payslip April 2011 and has set me back about £120 each month, I have other debts that I want to pay off first cos their
interest
link3.gif
are higher but I can't as quickly as i want to.

Do anyone know if i can take a repayment break? and if so what reason do i give etc.

Thanks

Thank you for the link, what if I earn slightly more than what was stated? would i still be able to defer - problem is we are a single income family with 2 kids, things are pretty tight

Ok just been speaking to the SLC and they can't do anything about my Student loan deductions, which comes directly out of my wages. Those rules are set by the govt and the threshold for repayment is £15,000 p/a, the older style loan you can defer which i believe you make payments manually as suppose to automatically from your pay slip, the treshold for this is £27,734 and they also consider circumstances etc if you can't afford to pay.

For my kind of later loan who do I need to contact? if anyone knows.

I am going on direct.gov now to look

• 3 weeks later...