Lowell/CoOp banl debt - not me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About a week ago I received an update from Equifax that Lowell had done a search on my account and a new address had been associated with my account. I was expecting something in the post from Lowell which arrived yesterday. I have some debts which I am dealing with, but this is not mine. This one is definitely not mine - how can Lowell have the right to search my credit file without my authorisation? I am not happy with this and want to take it further. Any suggestions?

Hi morning,What are Lowell actually saying and who do they say their client is (the original creditor ).Have you ever had an account with the named OC,or are they not telling you who it is????????

Little more information and we can point you in the right direction

FS

Hi firstship, thanks for coming back to me.

The original creditor was the CoOp Bank, they have sold the debt to Lowell. My main bank account now is a CoOp account and the CoOp know it's not me as my date of birth is different to the person whose account it is. Lowell have tracked me down and are trying to pin the debt onto me. I am not happy that they have searched my credit file without my authorisation as I am not the person they are looking for.

Lowell are demanding I clear the debt.

and get on to the CRA and emand the 'false' address is removed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...