being prosecuted for benefit fraud

my2beautys
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i cant even remember they produced so many bank statments with his wages in , payments that went out for our car insurance 's and rent as the rent had to go out of my bank DD and he kept his wages in my bank as he didnt have an account ,,, the fact i opened accounts in my married name despite the fact we werent married until later on ....im not going into too much info but we had VERY complicated personal circumstances but as i say no concrete evidence to 'prove' my innocence i just wish they would take it to the decision maker and get on with it

Sorry to be stupid are they saying you lived together dame as me?? It's awful cuz the decision maker will just look at evidence and think your trying to blag, I literally just let him use an old account that wasn't used by me at all and my address as care of an I'm gettin done. It's not innocent until proven guilty with them unfortunately it's the other way around

yes same trying to state we lived together fraudulently claimed all benefits :((( iv been stupid but tbh all i did wrong was have a realllyyyy complicated relationship allow my kids as much contact as possible with their Dad and keep finances the same :(

It's vile isn't it, just try and keep things normal and happy for kids and then your a criminal for it, I'm terrified im gonna go to prison or be blasted in press for being a fruadster when im genuinely not a bad person I've always done what's right and help who I can but u see vile people getting away with living a vile life! Justice??!!

you hav emy sympathy very similar situation but i think the level will beover 20,000 :( im struggling to prove that i have not done this my biggest fear is i live in a small community and they make an example of people in the papers here :(

I might be wrong and, if so, maybe someone here could say. If you're afraid of the prosecution being reported in the papers, it might help if you were to change your name by deed poll before the trial. It won't stop any prosecution but I believe you would be prosecuted under your new name which most people wouldn't connect with you, so if it appeared in the press it wouldn't matter. I don't know if your old identity would be referred to but I don't see any reason why it should because you'd legally be known by your new name. Anyway, I don't know if I'm right in my thinking but maybe someone could confirm my thoughts as being right or wrong.

Edited by bracedforlife