Council Road Sweeper Driver Issued with Red Light Ticket from same council - help - this is mad!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to everybody on here, i'm new and was given this site by a friend:-D

i work for a local council and i drive a little road sweeper

the one you mite have seen in london that sweep there pavements,

back in september i was sweeping at a set of traffic lights where they had debris i.e glass smashed over the road,

i swept this up while watching all around me i.e traffic plus the lights and as i came out of sweeper mode and pulled away

i hadnt noticed the lights had changed to red :sad: now i got a a fixed penalty from work

it showed that i passed the red light at 2.8 seconds. do i have a case to appeal on this?

as i want but i'm worryed that i might get a bigger fine as at the moment

i'm due to get 3 points and a £60 fine,

otherwise if i go to court and lose the apeal the fine can go upto £1000.

i been to a local police station and a police officer said that it was my own fault and the lights are there to be obeyed,

its not the fine that bothers me its the points and how will this look to my car insurance?

will it look like i was speeding?:???:

which wasnt the fact if anybody can help me on this matter i be gratefull:D

Firstly, bad luck but we all get distracted from time to time - it happens to the best of us - and occasionally we have to pay for it.

Secondly, a single set of 3 points is unlikely to have any impact on your insurance. If you are worried carry out some dummy quotations using the online comparison sites. I doubt you'll see any increase at all.

Lastly, if you were minded to take the matter to court it is not going to cost you £1,000 fine. Fines are calculated using what is known as your "relevant weekly income" not simply the maximum fine allowed at law - which is what the £1,000 represents. That being said, the offence is committed when any part of your vehicle proceded beyond the stop line when the lights were at red. You do not need to have done so knowingly. Therefore, if car or vehicle passes the line - offence is committed. What you were doing is not going to have any impact on your being convicted of the offence. I'd suggest that paying the £60 and taking the points is your best option.

Is speeding alleged? No - it has nothing to do with matters.

• 3 years later...

op not been back since 27th November 2011

thread closed to stop spammers,

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks