• Tweets

• wont go near it with a barge pole as its ex gov't debt.  
    • Thanks, I've had my fill of this lot. What makes me so mad is that I had to take out student loan to get any DHSS help. And then when I tried to help myself and family they presented obstacles. Might be worth passing story to RIP off Britain?
    • there is NO exposure if you simple remove your name address/ref numbers etc from docs, over 10'000 pdf uploads are here. which then harvests IP addresses off of the people that then do so..which is why we do not allow hosting sites. read our rules and upload carefully thats exactly why we say capture as JPG, redact, then convert/merge to one mass PDF. then online sites to achieve that we list do not leave watermarks.  every once in a while we have a user like you that thinks they know better...we've been doing it since 2006 with not one security issue. thank you.
    • was at the time you ticked it  but now they've still not complied . if you read up, here , you'll see thats what everyone does,  
    • no they never allow the age related get out, erudio are masters at faking supposed 'arrears' fees which were levied before said date and thus null its write off. 1000's of threads here on them!! scammers untied that lot. i can almost guarantee they'll state it's not SB'd too re above, but just ignore them once sent. dx    
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lowells / Red

tinks79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

After some advice after trawling the internet and confusing myself daft!

Lowells /Red have been contacting me via text, phone and letter since the end of September, telling me they are the owners of a debt i have for £774 from Park Direct.

I do not remember having an account with Park Direct, although there is a possiblity i did and that it is from 5-8 years ago, as i got myself into some debt after losing my job. But i thought i had sorted out all my debts from this era, and as such am getting worried that i have a debt i have not paid.

I have spoken on the phone with Lowells and told them that i was unwilling to confirm anything other than my name and address and that i was not accepting that the debt was mine, at which point their caller told me they were terminating the conversation as they were unsure who the were talking to!

I have today (24th Novemeber) had another letter from Red, dated 31st October, saying if i do not repsond within 7 days (!!!!!) i risk legal action being taken against me.

I am in need of advise on which letters i send to Lowell /Red, i know i can send one asking for documetation proving the debt is mine, but that is all i know.

Can anyone help me with what my next step is and how to go about it, i would be gratefull.

Also this debt does not show on my credit expert file, should it if i owe the money?

its prob for an old private parking ticket

which have no legal standing anyhow

ignore them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

first of all Lowells, Red (& Hamptons) are all the same company. I think you may have got the answer unwittingly from the phone conversation. They have probably bought the debt and realise its statute barred (if your dates correct). You could send the prove it letter (making sure you dont sign the letter with signature always print it) and see what happens I suspect very little, as for the 7 days to respond I've got about 10 of those. I wouldn't worry about it DCA's love sending threatening letters out near xmas its their homage to Scrooge. The other course of action is the stop phoning me letter, so this helps set up a paper trail if they do carry on. My thoughts are its a phishing trip to see if you bite so they can get some cash out of another poor soul. And stay off the phone to them only communicate in writing. I think after the prove it and stop phoning me letters they will crawl back into the woodwork but just check your Credit File in case they have put anything on it.

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Padja,

I am unsure if the debt (if it's mine) is statute barred, so is all i need to do for the time being is send a letter asking them to prove the debts mine? Are there any templates about, or is it a simple, i am not acknowledging the debt as mine and therefore i would like you to prove it is, letter?

Just checked my credit expert file again, they did an unrecorded search middle of September, but the Park Direct debt is not on there and nothing else from Lowells, Red either

Thanks 247, i'll get the letter asking them to prove the debt is mine sent asap. So to get this right, i state that i am not accepting the debt as mine, i want a true copy of the original agreement and i do not sign the letter and print my name instead???

This is the template for the "Prove it" letter:

Name/Address:

Date:

Dear Sir/Madam

Ref: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim I owe.

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I look forward to your written response.

Yours faithfully

- Don't sign it, just print your name. I usually send these letters by recorded delivery (I like the belt and braces approach) but some will say you can simply obtain proof of posting at your post office - up to you.

Good luck

H. x

TBH, I rather like to have proof that they have actually received a letter of this nature and would send it either Recorded or Special delivery :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks Guys,

Letter has been sent, and another from Red has been delivered today saying they are Red debt collection services and Portfolio I Ltd has asked them to collect the money on their behalf!

Cannot wait to get this sorted as i am 99% certain that this is not my debt!

I believe it is against OFT guidelines for them to imply they are working independantly of a company they are part of or T/as..

As Padja has already stated... they are from Lowells Portfolio down to their chums, Hampton Legal.. one and the same company.. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Guys,

I have today received a reply from Lowell Portfolio I.

It is a standard letter telling me the original companys name, a reference number and the date of the last payment.... ( 09.01.06 ) ....but it does not give me a copy of the original credit agreement... should they be giving me this?

Also something i wanted to hightlight, the letter tells me the account relates to a Park Direct account, but then the letter also states that the original companys name is CL Finance Limited??

Do i have to send another letter asking for a copy of the original signed credit agreement?

Cheers

PARK DIRECT UK LIMITED:

Registered no: 07437795

Registered office: Unit 7 Tomo Industrial Estate

Packet Boat Lane

Uxbridge

Middlesex UB8 2JP

Which seems to be a clamping/parking company. If so anything from them is a speculative invoice see; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?309210-Private-Parking-Tickets-AKA-Speculative-Invoices(1-Viewing)-nbsp

i was more thinking of the old park direct xmas hamper saving lot

i think they were funded by CL finance?

but anyhow

this is soo obviously a phishing trip

that i'd just ignore them now

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Cheers for the reply,

The debt in quesion is for £774 so i doubt it is a parking fine... never had a parking fine, and never been clamped. So i assume that Park Direct is loan company? I do not recall ever having a loan with these so the next step is a CCA letter me thinks.

Just found a profile with templates attached so will copy and paste one of those!

I have an uncommon name, and lived at this address at the time of when the debt was allegedly last paid, but have no recollection of ever having this debt??!!

and they

Hi,

I have sent the CCA letter off, but today had a letter from Hamptons!!!... dated 14th November stating Red Debt collection Services have asked them to review my account and recover the debt.

This is becoming laughable.... i firstly sent a letter asking them to prove the debt was mine, and got a letter back giving me a reference number and the name of a company, and saying that they trust this now satisfies my query and to ring to arrange payment!

I have now had a letter off every section of this company and if i had not looked them up on this website i think i would be in a mess right now attemting to pay a debt that i am sure is not mine, right on top of christmas.

One question however.... if they cannot supply me with any of the information i have requested in the CCA letter, does this mean the case is closed, or do i have to go down another avenue with them?

Cheers

yep

its a private parking ticket speculative invoice

totally ignore them

typically they do railway station car parks

litlle darlings

they'll be no cca not applicable

and they

I've looked up Park Direct and CL Finance, nothing indicates this could be to do with a parking fine? Thet are a hamper / personal loan company and CL Finance were their backers??

Never had a parking fine in my life, and never had any dealings with Park... can't wait to get this put to bed and stop sending letters out only to get stupid replys back from Red/ Lowell/ Hamptons!

My experience with this crowd is that they will keep sending letters for a few months until the debt is SB which is very near. If you last made a payment in Jan 2006 the default would be sent February/March.Just sit tight and don't worry they will soon move onto the next person.

I'm with Cat10 just sit tight and ignore they wont be going near any court room, Hamptons on it now give it 3 weeks and Lowells will write again with 'generous' offer then all quiet for 6 weeks then maybe Red again as a final attempt and then it will be statute barred so ignore and raise a glass to the numpties of Lowell/Red/Hamptons and wish them a less prosperous new year

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Edit this below to suit and send it recorded delivery, before you know it you could be in receipt of a statutory demand from them.....

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir / Madam.

It is with great concern I write with regard to your company's behaviour. Over the last (x) weeks your company and others within your group have written to me with various threats.

I can categorically state that I have NEVER used or had any kind of account with (name of bank), I am now of the opinion that this is now pure harrassment and in direct breach of CPUTR2008, The OFT's Guidance On debt collectionlink3.gif, your own associations code of conduct and harrassment laws. I'm sure I have no need to remind you of the recent case of Ferguson vs British Gas

What I require.

An apology from the Managing Director of your company in light of the distresslink3.giflink3.gif, embarrassment and upset this has caused.

Your offical complaints procedures

Confirmation that you will NOT call me again.

Instant removal of any adverse information placed on my credit file - this will be checked within 14 days - If it is not removed, I will commence court proceedings with no further notice.

If you do not respond with your official complaints procedure within 7 days, I will have no hesitation in informing Trading Standards, The Financial Ombudsman Service, The Office Of Fair Trading and my MP of your behaviour. And if I have to write to you again I will charge your company £20 taking time out to write again.

I trust this makes my position perfectly clear.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Quick update.... i sent the CCA letter off on 8th Dec and got a reply dated 14th dec stating they will be in touch once they have a copy of my credit agreement.

Have heard nothing since.

Today through the post i get a letter from Hampton dated 28th Nov threatening court!!

Now my 12 days for them to prove it have lapsed, ( i excluded weekends and bank holidays into the time span) do i send another letter to say i trust the case is now closed as i have no credit agreement from them in my possession to prove the debt is mine??

Thanks again for all your help

Got the date wrong in a previous post... it will not be SB until oct 2012.

Will be sending a letter to them saying i will be expecting them to inform me of the account being left alone as it is non enforceable!