• Tweets

• Wow thats incredible. Thank you so much
    • If the purchaser denies having received it then sue P2G. If you simply don't hear anything more from the purchaser then you have the purchaser's name and address – and frankly for £48 I would go ahead and sue. As long as you have good proof of delivery then your chances of success are probably better than 95% and frankly the purchaser would probably put their hands up as they would effectively be being sued for the civil equivalent of theft. I wouldn't let it go if I were you. It would be a good exercise for you and gives you confidence the next time something comes up which is may be much more valuable
    • Thank you again Emmzzi for your insight. Not only did I do the work, but as a maths tutor delivering financial literacy workshops under the Govt Multiply project, the college were paid £400 for each student I recruited, which makes it an even bigger kick in the teeth! I spoke to Citizens Advice Bureau on Friday who advised me to go back to ACAS for advice and assistance, as ACAS are the experts in employment matters. They did also mention small claims court, as being more straightforward and less complex, but surely their solicitor would just contest this and I would lose the £80 court fee? If I did submit a claim through the small claims court, would I just leave the employment tribunal running until the outcome? The deadline for me to submit my schedule of loss is tomorrow, so I will submit today so that they cannot hold me in breach.
    • Ive just checked the tracking again and its actually out for delivery today! Anyway,  I refunded the buyer on Ebay off my own back on the 2nd of June they havent opened a case or anything like that so surely i cant take action against either the buyer or P2G/ Evri can i ? Id hope the buyer would see fit and pay but you know what people are like these days ... Once its delivered I'll send him a polite message asking for payment but i suspect there'll be no reply      
    • Thanks for this update. Let's not if you have any more difficulty – in particular if you have difficulty getting paid back from the purchaser. We can help you either against the parcel delivery courier or against the purchaser
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Whizzkid v Abbey - Round 2

whizzkid001
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

dave, somewhere in my mind, there is a meeting of the heads of all the banks, and they're all looking at the head of Abbey, going "this is all your fault."

DPA Letter received by NatWest 11/04/2006

DPA Request expires 21/05/2006

Statements received 15/05/2006

LBA sent 15/05/2006

If you find me vaguely coherent, click the scales.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dave, somewhere in my mind, there is a meeting of the heads of all the banks, and they're all looking at the head of Abbey, going "this is all your fault."
Can you imagine what they would be saying if Abbey HAD pushed for the hearing and got it? So close, so close and yet so far...

To see the steps I took to recover unfair bank charges with the help of Consumer Action Group, please read my thread Spiceskull v HSBC.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Case details were LONG posted but (prematurely) got posted to litigation concluded after initially getting the judgement!

Settled Claims:

Abbey: £4025 Claimed 27/02/06 - Paid in full 19/06/06

NatWest: £4529 Claimed 10/05/06 - Paid in full 1/08/06

Halifax: £1150 lba 18/05/06 - Paid in full 07/06/06

Natwest CC: £420 Initial letter 25/07/06 - Paid in full 08/06

Woolwich: £1100 Paid in full 28/2/07 + Default removed

NatWest Pt 2: £1700 Claimed 10/05/06 - Paid in full 7/2/07 + Defaults removed

Current Claims:

Abbey Pt 2: £2300 + adverse credit removal claimed 23/03/07

Alliance & Leicester: £1421 + adverse credit removal claimed 23/03/07

Refunds pending:

Capital Bank: Swift Advances: Halifax

Son's Refunds pending:

Abbey: HSBC

You are of course correct, legal precedents cannot be set in the County Court as such, however it was clear to my judge, having been presented with a long list of other cases issued against Abbey along with other evidence, that he had the mind, willingness & the power to put a stop to their clear abuse of court procedure. I see no reason why any other judge faced with the same situation wouldn't exercise the same intent.

Settled Claims:

Current Claims:

Refunds pending:

Son's Refunds pending:

Just seen this thread whizzkid

What can I say Whizz, I am so happy for you yet so sad it didnt go all the way would loved to have seen them explain how they made up their charges, I bet there would have been some red faces them explaining that

But still

Congratulations :D :D :D :D :D :D

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Congratulations, Whizzkid.

An inspiration to us all.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

What'd be our percentage???? :)

Settled Claims:

Current Claims:

Refunds pending:

Son's Refunds pending:

Good God above, i knew that this site was compulsive viewing but I am blown away!!!!! this is a fantastic story and a lesson to us all, never ever give up!!!!!

I can see a Hollywood blockbuster coming out of this, who do you want to play you Whizzy?

Do you want to be my buddy LOL

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

The mind boggles......

7 days AFTER Abbey accepts our offer for full settlement, we are unbelievably STILL awaiting payment!! They are outrageous!!

Settled Claims:

Current Claims:

Refunds pending:

Son's Refunds pending:

The mind boggles......

7 days AFTER Abbey accepts our offer for full settlement, we are unbelievably STILL awaiting payment!! They are outrageous!!

Are you telling us that those (edit) Scabby Bar stewards have not yet paid up? why dont you contact their shambles of a barrister and find out where your money is, the saga continueth!!!! I suppose you could send in the baliffs :grin:

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Seriously Whizzkid....what were the terms for repayment and what action can you take if they still havent paid ?

Jamloo

Abbey - Data Protection Act Disclosure Request Sent 03/04/2006 - 40 day limit was 13th May.

9th June 2003 to 9th April 2004 Statements We Have - Total Charges = £1,420.00 :o

18th February 2005 to 18th March 2006 Statements Received - Total Charges = £3,177.00 :o

Still awaiting remaining statements.:evil: (as of 25th June)

Request for Repayment Letter Sent Recorded Delivery 02/06/2006 - 14 day limit is 16th June. Requesting £4,597.00

Letter Before Action Sent Recorded Delivery 22/06/2006 - 14 day limit is 6th July. Requesting £4,597.00

Capital One (Part 1) -

Request for Repayment Letter Sent Recorded Delivery 26/06/2006 - 14 day limit is 10th July. Requesting £359.22

Letter Before Action Sent Recorded Delivery 24/07/2006 - 14 day limit is 7th August. Requesting £359.22

Just found this thread today - been reading it for about an hour now!

Well done for sticking with it and doing such a good job. Sounds like you learnt a lot about the legal processes involved this far down the line - hopefully you will be staying around to help others in similar situations.

Well done.

If you found this post useful please click on the scales above.

Egg - £400 - Prelim sent. On hold.

Mint - On the list Est £800

GE Capital - On the list (3 accounts!) Est £4000

MBNA - £545 Prelim sent 13/11/2006

LBA sent 1/12/2006

£350 partial payment received 18/12/2006.

Full settlement received 20/1/07

NatWest - Est £4000 not incl interest

Data Protection Act Sent 10/1/07

Statements received 24/1/07

Prelim sent 3/2/07

Full Settlement received 22/2/07

The contents of this post are the sole opinions of The Cornflake and not necessarily the opinions of any other members of this group. They do not constitute sound legal or financial advice and if in doubt you are advised to seek advice from a qualified professional

Well done Whizzkid, brilliant result (shame they haven't paid up yet though)

I have been waiting for this to conclude as I am just about to start my 'small' claims for just under £5k and to be honest I am getting a little jittery about it because I dont have the time or the quickmindedness to take it as far as you have should they push my claim down the same road.

You may be getting a few pleading emails soon lol

1st Abbey claim settled 11th August - £5248.79

2nd Abbey claim started 21st September 2006

DPA letter posted 22nd September

Ok, like Neil, I wrote an email earlier to them expressing my concern that I still hadn't been paid. I have NOW had a cheque paid in, NOT direct transfer as was stipulated so now yet another 5 days wait!!

Settled Claims:

Current Claims:

Refunds pending:

Son's Refunds pending:

Abbey are such bad lossers!!!! :grin:

Data Protection Act letter sent 10/04/2006,

priliminary letter sent 23/05/06,

LBA sent 7/06/06

claim issued 23/06/06

deemed to be served 25/06/06

Abbey Acknowledged with intent to defend, they have got until: 23/07/06

50% offered + interest, rejected: 21/07/06

AQ recieved 27/07/06,

AQ posted back 09/08/06

Court date 13/12/06

So effectively they have NOT settled in full, as they said they would, and have therefore broken the agreement that they requested...bast*rds the lot of them. :mad:

To see the steps I took to recover unfair bank charges with the help of Consumer Action Group, please read my thread Spiceskull v HSBC.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Amazing post - well done to all concerned.

I'd lost heart on my claims a bit as I've been busy but my microfiche stuff turned up today which got me back on here and then I read this.

Fully inspired to have a go at them now!

Abbey (Charges on 3 accounts and default on my credit record) - DPA letter sent 30/03/06 - 40 days limit is 9th May - Recieved DPA printouts 05/04/06 with microfiche "fob off" letter. <p>Barclaycard (Charges on 1 account and default on my credit record) - DPA letter sent 03/04/06 - 40 days limit is 13th May - Recieved some statements 08/04/06 along with DPA printout and a microfiche "fob off" letter. Claim for £340 sent 11/04/06

First of all further congratulations to both you and Neil P on this one , it gives us all renewed confidence in our claims.

However in light of these successes should we really be concerned about going over the £5K limit if indeed these are the real figures and I suspect mine might be !!

Surely the real big advantage is that there has to be full disclosure under Fast Track which it seems is a BIG no no as far as the banks are concerned and therefore they may even settle quicker :rolleyes: In fact were you not being nudged in that direction by the judge ?

I know that costs can be awarded if you lose but what chance is there of that particuarly in light of these recent and all the other victories...has anyone lost yet?

Any opinions?

4th MayParachute opened

4th May DPA recorded delivery 12th June expiry

24th May DPA chase letter recorded delivery

30th May from Abbey 12 mths statements

3rd June Microfiche letter from Abbey

5th June DPA LBA warning

Methinks a queue of presshounds are baying after someone's blood.....can't for the life of me think whose.........hooooowwwwll!!!!

• Confused 1

Settled Claims:

Current Claims:

Refunds pending:

Son's Refunds pending:

C'mon Chris - we need more than that?????

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks