hwild v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Firstly this is fantastic! our banks have made me and my boyfriends lives a misery for years. We had always tried asking th banks for refunds - even when we could not afford the rent and they would always refuse! They don't give a s**t! I am determined to do this - i'l admit i am a bit nervous but when we were looking at the information sheets we got very excited. My boyfriend has been charged excessive amounts by Barclays over the years and Halifax have chrged me up to £800 in less than a year!

My friend told me about all this and she is studying law so i think she will be able to help me if things get complicated.

I will keep every one updated. Can't wait...Just 1 thing can any 1 confirm where i post my initial letter too?

Halifax -

LBA sent 12/05/06 for £1,232

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to this forum, i'v been havin a good old read and posted a few threads. Yesterday i sent my DPA letter off, my boyfriend has also sent one off to (Barclays), so i will keep u posted on how its going.

This site is absolutely brilliant. We have suffered really badly from banks charging us. On more than one occasion we have been unable to pay the rent simply because of charges. What angers me is how can they justify charging £30 for going overdrawn by £1.25????? How do these a** holes sleep @ night?

Halifax -

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

Hi

All the best with both of your claims. Please keep us informed of your progress, and remember that we are all in this together.

If you meet any problems, or have questions that are not answered elsewhere (and most have been), please post them to the forum.

Please guys help me I am just new to this forum.Where can I get this DPA letter.If any one has a copy please may you send me a copyplease.

Please can you post to a new thread. It helps people to follow your case - and enables us to give you a quicker response to questions. Check out the FAQ's:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Ok so i only sent my DPA leter off on the 3rd April but i just get the feeling that its going to take a long time. (My b'friend recieved a reply from Barclays within days).

Which e-mail address is it so that i can pester them?

Halifax -

Make a donation

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Ok so i am not the most patient person in the world but i have heard absolutely nout off Halifax yet. I am going to e-mail customer relations - has anyone got any good ideas for a scary reminder letter that might kick them up the ass!

Thanks in advance

Halifax -

Make a donation

Hi,

It's your claim and your timetable. If you have sent them letters telling them what you are going to do and when, why do you need to remind them. The bank are 'big boys,' they can read and they understand what you are saying.

When your deadlines are up move onto the next thing you said you were going to do. If they start crying, and shouting 'foul,' then it's hard cheese for them...

Sorry...I'm very impatient, but unfortunately trying to remind them all the time will only add to your frustration. Believe me, I've heard not a sausage from HSBC, and a couple of weeks ago I was in the mood to go into the bank with a 'big hitty thing' and ask why they weren't responding to my communications.

Just hang in there and think of all that lovely money you are going to get back :rolleyes:

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

yep, your right i know!

It is just so frustrating - especially when they can still be arsed to send me plenty of letters saying they are charging me again!!!

23 days left to go!

Halifax -

Make a donation

Charging you again - is this a statement of charges pending? If so, and to fill your time and get a little thrill to boot, you might want to try sending them this. They won't stop the charges going through, but I had them refunded within 8 hours of being applied...(with HSBC mind!)

Dear Sir/Madam,

I find myself in the position that your actions require my intervention for the [HOWEVER MANY] time in the space of a few days. I am seriously reconsidering my view that [bANK] has the capacity to act as my fiduciary in a responsible and lawful manner, as implied by the terms and conditions between both parties.

[WHENEVER] I received a statement from [bANK], stating their intent to unlawfully apply penalty charges to my account on [DATE]. These charges are to the sum of £XX, as well as an interest penalty of £X.XX for the 'privilege' of this unlawful action being undertaken.

As you are aware, I have asked you to demonstrate to me that these punitive charges are fair and just, that they are lawful, and that they are being lawfully applied. You have failed to demonstrate this to date, and therefore it is implied by your refusal or inability to supply such demonstration, that these penalties are, indeed, unlawful.

Therefore, I would draw your attention to the following point: you have stated that these charges will be applied on [DATE]. If these charges ARE applied, then you will be required to explain why you have, in my view, committed a pre-meditated breach of the law, and I will be reporting such breach to all of the relevant authorities.

However, as this has not yet happened, I require that you take action forthwith, and cancel this transaction prior to its execution. Furthermore, I require confirmation, in writing, that this transaction will, indeed, be cancelled.

I shall be checking my account on [DATE], and if I see that the penalty charges, plus interest, have been unlawfully applied to my account, I shall lodge a claim at the county court to recover these charges, plus my costs and interest calculated at 8% APR, without hesitation. Furthermore, I shall require that you confirm whether these unlawful charges have resulted in a default notice against my record with credit reference agencies, and if so, I will seek appropriate action to have this notice removed.

In view of my first paragraph, and considering your apparent incompetence to act as my fiduciary in a lawful manner, I will start to consider a course of action whereby I may seek redress for all the inconvenience you have caused me.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

No its not a statement of charges pending - just the usual standard letter from Gary Kettle saying: 'we have paid this DD on this occasion... or if this makes you overdrawn then we will also apply a penalty charge of £28.'

Not too keen on this Mr Kettle bloke...

Thanks for your help anyway Spiceskull - wouldn't like to get o the wrong side of you!

Halifax -

Make a donation

- wouldn't like to get o the wrong side of you!

That would never happen - I'm too nice :rolleyes: I just like to shout at the bank!

Hi Guys nothing toupdate really - i sent my DPA but not so much as a peep from Halifax yet! My boyfriend has recieved the standard letter from Barclays saying that the statements are on the way but 'what do u mean by the term manual intervention' so i sent one back explaining exactly what i meant and so we shall watch this space.

Getting v. impatient with Halifax tho!:mad:

Halifax -

Make a donation

Yeah i think i will.

I think i might of delayed it myself, cos rather than enclose the £10 fee, i said they could deduct it from my account but my account is overdrawn at the minute - (due to thier charges of course) so i am not sure what will happen. I'v only jus found out my account is overdrawn!

Halifax -

Make a donation

Bookworm has very kindly changed the title of this thread so hopefully it will be easier for everyone to follow.:)

Halifax -

Make a donation

I reckon Halifax will be using the fact that i am overdrawn to delay taking the fee out my account, therefore allowing them to avoid sending my statements.

Well i get paid on Monday so i will be ringing them to remind them about the letter i sent them and to confirm that it is ok to take fee out of account. This is entirely my fault of course! What an idiot i am!

Would it be best to ring customer relations?:)

Halifax -

Make a donation

It shouldnt matter if your overdrawn or not. I've read through loads of posts and its clear the banks like to keep everyone waiting. They have with my - Abbey have 1 day to enter defence. They did everything else at the last min so im expecting this to be the same.

Abbey Claim

27/03/06 Served Claim, acknowledged 05/04/06, 24/04/06 Defence entered & 50% offer. 25/04/06 accepted 100% ofer via email.

Alliance & Leicester

LBA sent 27/06/06, Claim Started 25/07/06, 14/08/06 Charges refunded!

Barclaycard: DPA 21/04/06. Prelim 12/05/06, LBA 26/05/06, Claim issued on 27th June. Acknowledged 03/7/06, 20/10/06 Court Date Set: 8th December

Barclays: DPA 21/04/06, statements arrived 02/05/06, prelim 06/05/06, 21/05, LBA, Barclays offered 50% 1 day after LBA deadline. Refused and claim started 5/6/06. Acknowledged 9/6/06, defence entered 07/07/06, allocation questionnaire sent off. Court Date October 25th, case settled 24/10/06

Yeah thats true. I think Halifax sent jonni2bad's statements to him on the 37th day!

I'm just very impatient cos i'm broke!

Halifax -

Make a donation

Arent we all inpatient when it comes to getting money?

Abbey Claim

27/03/06 Served Claim, acknowledged 05/04/06, 24/04/06 Defence entered & 50% offer. 25/04/06 accepted 100% ofer via email.

Alliance & Leicester

LBA sent 27/06/06, Claim Started 25/07/06, 14/08/06 Charges refunded!

Barclaycard: DPA 21/04/06. Prelim 12/05/06, LBA 26/05/06, Claim issued on 27th June. Acknowledged 03/7/06, 20/10/06 Court Date Set: 8th December

Barclays: DPA 21/04/06, statements arrived 02/05/06, prelim 06/05/06, 21/05, LBA, Barclays offered 50% 1 day after LBA deadline. Refused and claim started 5/6/06. Acknowledged 9/6/06, defence entered 07/07/06, allocation questionnaire sent off. Court Date October 25th, case settled 24/10/06

Wooooooooooohhhoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :) :) :)

Well guys its my birthday today and guess what arrived on the doorstep...MY STATEMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was the best present of all!

And...! I was expecting around £700 in charges but when i totalled it up it came to £1,232!!!!!!!!!

Prelimenary letter in the post as we speak!;-)

(Sorry if i appear to be over excited - i'm a bit ****ed!)

Halifax -

Make a donation

Sorry guys i have also updated my original thread but i was so excited that my statements arrived on my birthday i had to do a thread especially for the occasion!

The statements arrived yesterday and i calculated all the charges and it came to £1,232!!! This is just in a year - i can't believe it. I had assumed the figure would be around £700 so i was gobsmacked at the total.:eek:

Makes me even more determined to get it back now!!!

Halifax -

Make a donation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks