hwild v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well done! All you can expect now is a very slow response. From reading other posts and from my experience - the banks seem to leave it to the last minute to reply.

With me they waitied the full 14 days after i sent the standard letter requesting charges t be refunded, then again waiting the maximum time they could to acknowledge the claim and then they made me an offer of 50% on the last day they could submit their defence, obviously i refused (by email) and 10 mins later the offer was now the full amount of my claim.

You should be pleased you have all your statements and that very soon you will have your money back! Good luck!

• Confused 1

Abbey Claim

27/03/06 Served Claim, acknowledged 05/04/06, 24/04/06 Defence entered & 50% offer. 25/04/06 accepted 100% ofer via email.

Alliance & Leicester

LBA sent 27/06/06, Claim Started 25/07/06, 14/08/06 Charges refunded!

Barclaycard: DPA 21/04/06. Prelim 12/05/06, LBA 26/05/06, Claim issued on 27th June. Acknowledged 03/7/06, 20/10/06 Court Date Set: 8th December

Barclays: DPA 21/04/06, statements arrived 02/05/06, prelim 06/05/06, 21/05, LBA, Barclays offered 50% 1 day after LBA deadline. Refused and claim started 5/6/06. Acknowledged 9/6/06, defence entered 07/07/06, allocation questionnaire sent off. Court Date October 25th, case settled 24/10/06

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your update - it helps to know how others have got on with their claim. Can't wait to see how this turns out! Feeling very hungover today!:(

Halifax -

LBA sent 12/05/06 for £1,232

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

Well thankyou very much;) !

Halifax -

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

Hang on a minute! I have totally overlooked something (must of been the beer!)

Halifax have sent me no confirmation of any Manual Intervention so do i take this to mean that there wasn't any? If there is no Manual Intervention they are supposed to state this aren't they?

All they sent me was the statements and a very short letter basically saying 'here is what u asked for - if u need any further assistance please do not hesitate to...' blah blah blah.

Any thoughts on this???:confused:

Halifax -

Make a donation

Hang on a minute! I have totally overlooked something (must of been the beer!)

Halifax have sent me no confirmation of any Manual Intervention so do i take this to mean that there wasn't any? If there is no Manual Intervention they are supposed to state this aren't they?

All they sent me was the statements and a very short letter basically saying 'here is what u asked for - if u need any further assistance please do not hesitate to...' blah blah blah.

Halifax -

Make a donation

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!!!

Well Done you are so lucky. I am about two days behind you (DPA sent 5/4/06). So fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Halifax Data Protection Act requested 5/4/06

Prelim letter sent 5/5/06 for £2299.00

£219.00 offer 20/5/06

LBA sent 22/5/06

Moneyclaim filed 5/6/06:) Settled in full

Barclays prelim letter sent 5/5/06 for £150

LBA sent 22/5/06

Moneyclaim filed 5/6/06:) Settled in full

Barclaycard 1 prelim letter sent 5/5/06 for £100

LBA sent 22/5/06

£50 rec'd back

Last request for remainder 5/6/06 :)Settled in full

Barclaycard 2 prelim letter sent 5/5/06 for £160

LBA sent 22/5/06

Last ditch attempt letter sent 5/6/06 :)Settled in full

Apologies for starting a new thread - i just needed to clarify something.

I have totally overlooked something.

Halifax -

Make a donation

Hi what do u think i should do?;)

Halifax -

Make a donation

Thats what i thought - thanks very much

Halifax -

Make a donation

We can take this to mean they don't have any (all banks the same).

Those that do respond in some way just state that it's not covered by the DPA, but it would not do them any favours in court... the 'something you later rely on' scenario !!

• Confused 1

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Cheers mate - thats what i thought;)

You have 7 Halifax threads running! I have merged, but please stick to 1!!

Halifax -

Make a donation

• 2 weeks later...

I know sorry! - realised this a while ago so i asked bookworm to rename it to hwild vs halifax so i could stick to that one from now on. Cheers for merging them lueeze!;)

Halifax -

Make a donation

Just to let u know that the deadline for my prelim ltter is friday - haven't heard a peep out of Halifax yet....:|

Halifax -

Make a donation

Good idea! Will sort it out now!;)

Halifax -

Make a donation

Well still nothing at all from Halifax. Sent my LBA off ASAP. I can't believe they didn't even respond to the prelim...well actually it doesn't surprise me at all!:rolleyes:

Halifax -

Make a donation

• 2 weeks later...

Well its the LBA deadline today - have heard absolutely jack s**t from Halifax. What are they playing at!!:mad:

Halifax -

Make a donation

Clearly, as a valued customer, they are just ensuring you get all your interest back too :p

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well i recieved a crappy standard letter form Halifax yesterday saying 'sorry your unhappy...' blah blah blah and enclosed a complaints leaflet.

Hmm me thinks a claim is in order!

Halifax -

Make a donation

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I must apologise for not bein around for quite a while - have had alot of S**T goin on and i have been having to sort it out.

I am still trying to maintain my claim with Halifax but i don't think i have kept it up as well as i could have.

Anyway, i sent my LBA on the 12th of May (ages ago!) and didn't hear anything from Halifax. I then got myself into alot of problems with outstanding bils etc (due to splitting with boy'f) and couldn't afford to begin my claim. So, i sent Halifax a final LBA, on or around the beginning of june, to which i recieved a long letter explaining why they have these charges etc, etc and offered me a final settlement of £188!!!! I am claiming £1,232 so obviously i sent them a letter saying that wasn't acceptable and i have yet to hear from them. I can only afford to make a caim later on this month. Is it too late to do this now??? Have i messed it up! What is really annoying is that when i started this whole thing i was all prepared, had the money for my claim all saved and now its all gone wrong! Help!

Thanks in advance,

Helen:confused:

Halifax -

Make a donation

Hi Helen

There's no problem with the timescales. Whenever you can start your court action will be fine, there is no reason why you have to do so with a certain period of sending them letters.

Let us know when you can start, and I will check that you have everything listed in the Particulars that you need.

Hope all is well, sorry for the delay in responding.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks