Fictitious amount on claim form

palemm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rang the court they said fairfax have tried to get a default judgement and I need to get my defence in and there is no stay on the case.

So Fairfax are lying to me.

I f my defence is due next week can I send the court a copy of the letter that Fairfax sent me for more time, or do I do a negative defence with copies of all letters as evidence or can I file a N244 even though my defence is due ?

Having read the pt.legal compilation pdf I think N244 is the way forward and I quote.

"

1) an order compelling the Claimant to disclose the requested documents

2) an extension of time not less than 28 days from the date of the order for filing your defence.

3) costs occasioned by the Claimants failings to disclose pursuant to CPR 31.14 and 31.15.

Looks to be the right thing.

Any help with wording appriciated

Sorry, posts crossed. Yup, that’s the bit.

One thing I wanted to check, which wasn’t answered at the start of the thread: did you ever actually get a default notice from Lloyds, or a Notice of Assignment (either from Lloyds or Arrow)?

You can only answer the claim as stated. If you have never held any account with Lloyds under a credit agreement, that would be a defence.

Anyway, back to N244. What you need to do is write a simple statement of what has happened. Something like this, but with detail:

1. I received a claim form from Arrow on XX XXX 2011.

2. I acknowledged the claim and requested a further 14 days to defend all.

3. I issued a CPR 31 request to the claimant’s solicitor on XX XXX 2011, giving them seven days to provide the documents mentioned in the particulars of claim (see attached letter).

4. I received a response from the claimant’s solicitor on XX XXX 2011 stating that no documents would be provided before I entered a defence (see attached letter).

5. I wrote back to the claimant’s solicitor on XX XXX 2011 making clear that I expected them to comply with my valid CPR request (see attached letter).

6. The claimant’s solicitor replied on XX XXX 2011, stating that they required several weeks to locate the documents and that they would delay the court case (see attached letter). I found this unacceptable.

7. I called the court for advice on 9 November 2011 and was told the claimant’s solicitor had already applied for, and had been refused, default judgment.

8. Without said documents as mentioned in the PoC, I am unable to enter a defence. I further deny ever having any kind of credit agreement with Lloyds TSB Bank, as stated in the particulars of claim, and without any evidence of the alleged debt, I am embarrassed.

9. Accordingly, I seek an order of the court compelling the claimant to comply with my valid CPR 31 request within seven days, failing which the case shall be struck out and costs awarded to the defendant.

Then add the draft order as above.

Should I hand write the statement in the evidence box or will it be ok to print it and say "Please see statement" in the evidence box.

I want to get it right, plus I have a broken hand and it hurts to right.:sad:

This kind of puts a spanner in the works due to lack of funds, any other options ?

Oh well looks like a negative defence is the only way mentioning the fact that I requested the documents under CPR 31.14 and they refused

Do I have to send payment to the court to file the N244 ?

And if so how do I pay ?

Usually payment is made by cheque but I think some Courts take card payments over the phone.

The cost is £45 without a hearing or £80 with.

Here is my defence........

I am unable to plead as the claimant has failed to comply with my request for documents mentioned in the claim.

I issued a CPR 31 request to the claimant’s solicitor on 29/10/2011, giving them seven days to provide the documents mentioned in the particulars of claim (see attached letter).

I then received a response from the claimant’s solicitor on 02/112011 stating that no documents would be provided before I entered a defence (see attached letter).

I wrote back to the claimant’s solicitor on 05/11/2011 making clear that I expected them to comply with my valid CPR request (see attached letter) and stating I would contact them by telephone on the 07/11/2011.

I rang them on the morning of the 07/11/2011 I told them I was seeking an extension of time under CPR 15.5 to allow them to comply with my CPR 31.14 and CPR 31.15 request and for me to inspect the documents and form my defence and was told that the case would be put on hold until they could get copies of all the documents that they're claim is based on.

The claimant’s solicitor replied on 07/11/2011 with what can only be described as a vague letter. (see attached letter). I find this unacceptable.

I ask that the court order disclosure of the documents that this claim is based on so I can know what I'm defending myself against or strike out the claim

• 2 weeks later...