Ticket refund law....?

takeitbaby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4580 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I bought some tickets for a comedy club this coming friday via the club's website and have arranged to pick the tickets up on the door. My wife (not realising I had booked them) also booked tickets for us. Both of us used debit cards on the club's websites and arranged to pick the tickets up.

On calling the club to arrange to refund the tickets that we didn't need, we were told that it wasn't the company's policy to refund tickets unless the show was a sell out and they could sell the tickets on.

This sounds like b*****ks to me, but thought I'd ask if anyone has any experience in this area. The manager will be calling me back tomorrow, so where do I stand on this?

Cheers,

TIB

Forgot to mention - nothing immediately visible on the site when I booked about a refund policy, nor did the wife see anything. There may be something in the small print, but not immediately visible, and no links to the T&C's anywhere in the booking process prior to confirming payment (just been through and checked).