Crb nightmare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I changed jobs from one care company that went into administration to another earlier this year. As required my CRB request went in.

Some 200 days later I have still not received my CRB report.

As a result I have been suspended from work with no income.

I have contacted the agency and a number of other agencies with the numbers and reference numbers that have been provided.

I am getting into more and more debt.

I have a job a very good job but I cant work because of incompetence on the part of a government agency.

I was told by CAB that I could claim loss of earnings but no solicitor will touch it!

I am now on JSA.

In 7 years of providing Enhanced CRB's annually to my employers nothing has been shown on them and I have never been arrested.

PLEASE HELP!

Are you on contracted hours or on a zero hours contract?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

40 hours per week contracted.

No alternative work available with them as passing a CRB is a legal requirment!

Next stage if the CRB is not sent will result in immediate termination of employment and employment records being passes to the CQC and police for investigation.

That information will be recorded on a CRB I am lead to believe and will result in me being lucky to work as a street sweeper!

Passing a CRB might well be a legal requirement, but is it not possible to use you in an administrative capacity? I would also enquire as to whether suspension without pay is a sanction available to the employer - generally any suspension without pay is unlawful unless there is a specific clause in the contract which permits it.

What precisely is the employer doing to chase the CRB or at least track it's progress? As they are the applicant, they should be able to do this and report back where the process has been stalled. Have you tried contacting them recently and what was the response? The CRB have service standards for processing of applications and this should have been completed long before now. I would also enlist the help of my MP to take the matter up with the Home Office.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

....also - if this is a job offer for which you have not yet started work due to the CRB not arriving, was there any timeframe relevant to the condition attached to the job offer? In other words, was any job offer subject to a satisfactory E-CRB which must be received within xx days/months/years?

DONATE HERE

Satisfactory CRB is required for employment. The business funtions within the law!

It has been since the government made it law for anyone who works in a care capacity or as a teacher, nurse, doctor, dentist, socialworker ++++..

The business is making admin staff redundant and has no possitions available. They require all admin staff obtain a Satisfactory CRB as they will have to work with clients over the phone and somtimes clients or their families visit the office.

Both myself and my employer have repetedly contacted the CRB but they just say it is being processed!

"They cannot give any further information"

I began work having provided a CRB... They must be checked periodicaly for any company to continue to allow you to legaly work.

It is now 201 full days.

I know the rules relating to who does and who does not need a CRB. The point I was making is that if a job offer is conditional on obtaining a satisfactory CRB then you have not breached that condition unless a time limit was also imposed on it's receipt!

DONATE HERE

Contract says 30 days as it should usually take 10 - 28 days according to CRB web site.

In reality it is rare for a reply to an application within 90 days.

I was suspended after 90 days!

My employer has been very helpfull and are keeping my job open as they are fully aware that it is not my fault.