Holding VS Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Halifax charges to us: £3005

Halifax offered £430.00. We sent the last letter explaining we did not wish to accept this offer. They have now sent a letter stating:

Thank you for your recent letter.

I am sorry to learn that you are unhappy with my initial offer to refund £430.00 worth of charges. As we have explained previously, the charges we apply to your account do recover costs so we cannot agree to refund them all. However, in an attempt to reach an amicable solution to your complaint, I am prepared to increase my offer to £1,269.00 (6 months worth of charges) in full and final settlement of your complaint. I will reiterate that future valid charges will stand and we reserve the right to close you account if you do not manage it correctly. If you are prepared to accept my revised offer, please sign and return the enclosed acceptance form in pre-apid envelope.

To comply with legislation, I would like to let you know that if you remain unhappy you can refer your concerns to the Financial Ombudsman Service....

Does anyone have an idea what our next course of action should be? We would very much like to "kick 'em while they're down" just as they have us in the past, so ideally we would like to take further action.

Hi there i am at exactly the same stage and having taken advice from a couple of people on here am going to send letter accepting offer as part payment but remind them they have until 27th to pay in full or face court action.(14 days since they received LBA). Dont let ombudsman stuff put you off its their standard letter which i received this morning. Stick to your guns!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Help

They have just written to us again saying " we offered 6 months worth of charges as a goodwill gesture!!! but will not be paying anymore"

What now, they are telling me I should refer to the Financial Ombudsman service if I am still unhappy.

Should I start Court proceeding now? if so how do I start this.