style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Thanks for replies.

The following charge has been added:-

£815.82 -for transfer of debt -from solicitor to HCEO - assume it included court fees but don't know what

£50.00 arrangement fee

2% transaction fee for debit card payments

4% fee for credit card payments

interest daily -but no rate.

Have requested a full breakdown of costs -but nothing has been received, no suprise really as the solicitor refused to let me have a breakdown of his costs. He said that I would incur charges if he had to produce a breakdown of fees - despite being entitled to them -he totally refused.

My main concerns now are the costs which I am aware are being added now, no doubt otehrs will get added.

Never heard of an arrangement fee costs? are these allowable.

Please anybody who can assist me, thanks

Thanks for your reply, sorry there has been no update -but owing to ill helath have had to stop with family this last week -returned home today, and my mum has come with me. She is very concerned for my health -so low/depressed etc, plus the stomach issue.

Arrived homw to have two letters from NFH solicitor. The first letter dated -31st October informing me that my case would not be set aside -as per my application, and the second letter dated 3rd November -stating that my application was unsuccessful and that I must pay £297.00 -to the solicitor within 14 days to prevent enforcement action on this amount. He has also stated that enforcement action has commenced again in respect of the £4600 -???.

I have received nothing from the court, adn the notification stated that the hearing is 21st December -and this was also confirmed on the phone with the court.

I am now even more unhappy, so low, fed up, and don't know which way to turn -as the costs are increasing rapidly and I know nothing about the hearings/etc -but get informed that I must pay costs.

I am going to dispute these costs -but don't know who to write to -assume the senior partner ??,

I have written to the HCEO, for a breakdown of costs, I know I am legally entitled to a breakdown -but the solicitor has refused and I have received nothing from the HCEO. Who do I write to now? if I cannot get any furtehr information from anyone.

I have also informed the HCEO- that the debt was in dispute, and the solicitor was incorrect to appoint a bailiff -as this is illegal, also the fact that the solicitor has refused to let me have a breakdown of costs -and again I know I am legally entitled to this.

I suspect that I will ring the court on Monday -but please can anybody help me/advise me further as I will not accept the costs which are increasing by £297.00 - per the solicitor. The solicitor has also stated his client has access on my proeprty for repairs -this is not correct and is the cause of their behaviour -and reason for my initial injunction.

The only rest I can get is by going to family -as lat week -otehrwise the neighbours four dogs are let out prior to 7am -they go berserck, then they are left in a small conservatory for 8+ hours on at least four days a week -when the NFH go out drinking for the day. I can get no rest at all from NFH -yet I live in a rural area -I get more peace at my mums house -which is on a housing estate.

Please, help me, I am at the end of my tether-health is really poor, and family are all concerned , how can a hearing take place -I get charged for NFH solicitor and yet i am not informed.

Please help me, tell me what I should do now -don't know hwat to do and so fed up. Feel like making a complaint to the solicitor-but don't know how I go about getting details re bailiff -on costs etc.

Still feel that the costs charged are not corrcet -but again, don't know what I should do about them.

Rang the court for details of the hearing which was held last week -would provide no details. I have written to the court to ask about the eharing which was last week???(per nfh solicitor), and teh fact that I was not informed about teh heairng. Asked about teh application for 'stay of execution' and again, can tell me nothing - so included all in a letter.

I am really fed up -how can I be charged £297.00 -by NFH solicitor for a hearing -I knew nothing about, and why has the hearing been brought forward to 2nd Nov -from 21st Dec - when I have not been informed.

Still not happy about charges -but no bvreakdown from the bailiff company -and two weeks have passed.

Anybody able to advise me -re above charges etc, and also what I should no be doing -just seem to be increasing costs and not getting any information -still cannot even get a breakdown on costs from bailiffs.

Please any advice, assistance will help me at this worrying time, in addition to my ill health.

Please -can anybody advise me.

Still no reply from bailiff company -over two weeks since I asked for a breakdown -only assume they will be charging interest daily -until I receive a breakdown.

Rang teh court -to ask if a hearing went ahead last week-they could not tell me, so have written (recorded) to them.

If the hearing went ahead-without me even knowing, how can i be charged with the costs from nfh solicitor -I would have attended if I had known obviously. As far as i had heard it was 21st December -per phone and letter, and they cannot tell me anything re stay of execution.

What should I do now- with bailiff company -worried that interest and fees are increasing although they won't supply me with any info-mum has offered to pay the amount due-but feel that i should have a breakdown prior to payment -as previously stated the costs increased by almost £1000 - for them to take the debt on??

Please advise me if anybody can.

Having read through your post in detail I can see the following.

Your argument is based on the fact the solicitor wrote to you giving 7 days in which to reply:

The question is ......did the solicitor only ask you make a reply to his letter or did that letter also ask that you make payment of the amount awarded by the Court and he then outlined the matter would be passed to Bailiffs. If the latter is the case then he has done no wrong asking for payment then instructing Bailiffs.

Your set aside hearing will determine the facts of the case with regard to the solicitor's disregard to your illness and if the Court carried out procedures after receiving your evidence to discontinuation in April.

Is the enforcement company actually called High Court Enforcement, HCE is their logo? They are totally out of order if they have ignored your request for a full breakdown of the fee's also if they have operated outside the HCEO regulations in regard to your vulnerable status.

WD

Edited by wonkeydonkey

Thanks for your reply.

The solicitor asked for a reply within seven days to his letter, failing this he willpursue an attachment of earnings, appoint bailiffs or take a charge on my property. This is my argument -I replied in two days, and advised him of the position -ie court still delaing with the case.

I am awaiting letter from the court -but as i said -the solicitor is implying the 'set a side' hearing was last week -and I knew nothing about it -have to wait for reply from the court.

Yes the company is called High Court Enforcement and the logo is HCE -I cannot find any info about them, they are aware of my illness etc -as is the solicitor -who is now denying the fact he knew anything about it. Solicitor has sent another letter saying I must pay £297 -for the fees last week at the hearing-which I don't know anything about, failing to do so and will start enfocement action.

The previous letter said the solicitor wanted a reply in seven days -no mention that I must pay in the 7 days etc-hence the reason I am annoyed -I am pretty cautious and had he said payment in 7 days -would have borrowed -or done something to get it-but he said a reply.

Do you know anything about HCE -I cannot find info re charges, if they are certificated etc. They have also igniored my request for a breakdown of fees etc.

http://www.hcegroup.co.uk/

They are appointed by High Court their fees are much much higher than those of private bailiffs and their ""powers" go further than a regular bailiff.

You are dealing with totally different kettle of fish than the usual bailiff for they will be acting not on a County Court Judgment, but a Writ of Fi'Fa'.

WD

Many thanks for the reply and link.

No post from the court and wont tell me anything on the phone -so don't know yet if they ahd the eharing last week -to set a side or not.

So fed up, not slept for weeks, depressed and everything else.

Had visit today from HCE -whilst I was out -at family.

I rang the lady -very nice and very polite. She has been informed by NFH solicitor that I did not attend the hearing and the set aside application was refused -therefore she is requesting full payment. She has also had NFH on the phone requesting that I pay in full, has told them that I have a new car and that I have been away three times this year.

I laughed, and said that I have been stopping with family and this is the sort of people I am dealing with -I stop with family and imemdiately they say I have gone on holiday. I asked her why I had not received a breakdown of costs, but she was not aware that I have written twice, she requested a copy of the letter stating the eharing is 21st December. She is going to let me have a breakdown of costs, I explained I am with family due to ill health -which she and the solicitor was aware of (although he now refuses to acknowledge this), and the fact that I am going to the law society as I am being harassed by neighbours solicitor stating they have full access on my property -which they don't and making various threats, and the fact that he is saying he had no knowledge of my medical condition -when he is aware and I have proof of letters etc.

The lady is now going to ask NFH solicitor for eveidnece of the hearing on 2nd November.

I told her I had been to my property on Sunday and the behaviour from neighbour was horrendous, language was appalling and they started to harass as I have one dozen roses in two vases -which I had bought me for my birthday. Mrs NFH has been bawling and shouting and their language has been disgusting, and every other word had been fxxxin, he started shouting -clearly they are jeaolus and hence the reason for ringing high court company.

I also reminded her of my health, stomach condition, anti depressants, and another hospital ref from todays visit to GP -which is urgent-I am worried to death and they are driving me away. She informed me they were out when she came and tehrefore I was pleased in a way as they cannot shout anything to me about ehr visit.

Please, help-what can I do about the hearing -which I knew nothing about. Why should I have abuse everytime I visit my own home -through their drinking.

Anybody know whay costs I should have to pay -to ensure theya re correct when I get breakdown-cannot believe rumours from NFH -telling the company i have had three holidays -if Ionly i was well enough.

Please -help me.

I have written twice to HCEO for a breakdown, and have emailed -to no avail.

How can I get the breakdown from them-what else can I do.

I want to make sure that the interest etc is correct as clearly there was an application to have the case set aside -and therefore this should have stopped the interest.

Anybody guide me, advise me -I suspect they will call again but will not let me have a breakdown of fees.

Please -help me.

I have written twice to HCEO for a breakdown, and have emailed -to no avail. How did you send - if by trackable means have checked to see if received? Did you ask for a Read Receipt for email?

How can I get the breakdown from them-what else can I do.

I want to make sure that the interest etc is correct as clearly there was an application to have the case set aside -and therefore this should have stopped the interest. No it doesn't - you have only made an application which halts no enforcement action or anything else.

Anybody guide me, advise me -I suspect they will call again but will not let me have a breakdown of fees.

You may have to send off for a SAR - cost £10, downside is that they are allowed 40 days to comply!

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sent letetrs by recorded del -both have been checked and received.

Email was sent and a read receipt was returned last week -still no breakdown.

Thanks for your info -was previously told that once the court had listed a date for the hearing -21 december -to have the application 'set a side' that the interest and everything else -stops until the hearing takes place.

Still have not determined if a hearing went ahead two weeks ago -NFH insisting I pay his costs of £297 -for this hearing, letter sent to court (and received -traced)two weeks ago -no reply and will not give me any info on phone. I am not happy that I should pay NFH costs when I knew nothing about the hearing-no letter from the court informing me.

Meanwhile, having horrendous time from NFH, I am stopping with family, everytime I return I get harassed-last night at 7.30pm -they shouted and told me to shut up -when I put wheelie bin out, then she told me to fxxk off, previous week she was swearing and bawling -beacsue I had roses bought me for my birthday -she was clearly jealous.

Not only want to settle the issue and move on-NFH cannot stop harassing/shouting every time I come/go.

Edited by accounts

No, the £297.00 -supposedly was the solicitors costs for attending the hearing on 2nd Novemer -which I knew nothing about-and which the solicitor is saying my set a aside application was refused.

How can I be liable for solicitors costs when he attended a hearing I knew nothing about??

CAB-had advised that all interest action etc-will stop from teh day teh set a side application date for teh hearing was announced

Was there a Hearing on this date? Do you have a Court Order to pay these costs? CAB advice can be variable - I would suggest in this case they were wrong.

We are getting a tad confused because you asked a few posts ago about the breakdown of fees from the HCEO?

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Full apologies for the confusion -I have two issues at present:-

1-supposedly there was a hearing on 2nd november -which refused my set a side application. I have ehard nothing form the court -but NFH solicitor has stated that I must pay his costs of £297.00 -to attend this hearing, as far as i know the eharing is 21st december -I have rung the court -no info and have written to them almost three week ago -recorded del and still no info. The NFH sol -is now threatening furtehr enforcement action if I don't pay his costs for attending this eharing.

2-Costs from HCEO are now £1197.49 -still had no breakdown etc, dispite letters, phone calls, emails. I cannot ask anybody to look into these really until i have a breakdown-which is not forthcoming at all.

Once again, my apologies, not really with it totally as many health issues and had an urgent hospital appointment on monday -which was very worrying, still on full medication, morpheine, anti-depressants, etc, not sleeping-hardling drag my self round anymore so tired all teh time.

hope this makes the situation clearer, -do i have to pay costs for nfh sol -to attend a hearing which I wasn't informed about?

Full apologies for the confusion -I have two issues at present:-

1-supposedly there was a hearing on 2nd november -which refused my set a side application. I have ehard nothing form the court -but NFH solicitor has stated that I must pay his costs of £297.00 -to attend this hearing, as far as i know the eharing is 21st december -I have rung the court -no info and have written to them almost three week ago -recorded del and still no info. The NFH sol -is now threatening furtehr enforcement action if I don't pay his costs for attending this eharing.

I suspect you will find there was no hearing on 2 Nov but that date has been plucked as a date they are going to say will incur extra fees - £297. This appears to be a common trick from solicitors that by applying extra fiancial pressure you will call the hearing off. In my view they will only be able to ask for those costs if:

a - you lose your set aside

b - if the Judge agrees

It may help a little to write to the Court telling them the solicitor is trying to charge for costs for ahearing that has not yet gone ahead.

2-Costs from HCEO are now £1197.49 -still had no breakdown etc, dispite letters, phone calls, emails. I cannot ask anybody to look into these really until i have a breakdown-which is not forthcoming at all.

Is it possible for you to disclose the contents of the letter you wrote asking for the breakdown ensuring you delete any identifable information and also the office to which you sent it to.

Once again, my apologies, not really with it totally as many health issues and had an urgent hospital appointment on monday -which was very worrying, still on full medication, morpheine, anti-depressants, etc, not sleeping-hardling drag my self round anymore so tired all teh time.

hope this makes the situation clearer, -do i have to pay costs for nfh sol -to attend a hearing which I wasn't informed about?

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for your reply again. I have copied across the email which was sent to HCEO -Colwyn Bay office on Tuesday 15th November, to date I have not received any reply to my letter from 26th October, 11th November and 15th November-all requesting a breakdown of fees/costs etc.

HIGH COURT REFERENCE

xxxxxxx

xxxxx

Dear Ms ,

Further to our telephone conversation today, I have attached a copy of the letter in respect of the forthcoming court hearing for December 2011 at 12.45pm.

I have also attached a copy of the ‘proof of postage’ from 27th October and 11th November –of letters which have been sent to your office asking for a detailed breakdown of costs etc. Clearly, I have taken advice in respect of this matter and have been advised that a full schedule/breakdown should be sent to me to inform me of costs etc. I am also aware that interest cannot be charged until the set aside hearing takes place –21st December as it is currently ‘on hold’.

I can confirm that I have been instructed to pay £297.00 to xxxxxxxxx, as a result of a letter which he sent to me saying that I must pay for non attendance at the hearing –which I knew nothing about. xxxxxxxx stated that this must be paid in 14 days, I have written to the court and I am still awaiting their reply.

Please find attached a copy of the letter to the court about the hearing, together with copy of the date for the hearing and proof of postage of letters/request for information from your office. I will dispute the £297.00 as I have not received any notification.

As previously discussed, I have made several objections to costs and disputed some of the costs, so I will be grateful if you please supply me with the following information:-

1)Detailed breakdown of all fees and charges made to my account (£1197.49 to date -15.11.11)

2)Reasons why the charges have been incurred

3)Details of the High Court which issued the warrant

I have been advised that you are obliged to provide the above information.

As discussed in our telephone converstaion earlier, I can confirm that I have been stopping with family as a result of my ill health and have not had the three/four holidays which Mrs xxxx had told your company in a telephone call. I dispute the various accusations which xxxx is making (holidays, money etc), this is an on-going issue which I have tried to get stopped-to no avail.

I will contact you as soon as I have a reply from the courts about the hearing –which was supposedly held on 2nd November?

Yours sincerely,

Thanks for that.

I think you have not really written the correct letter as it does go on about other things and they may have overlooked your request with the letter. To my mind there are 2 ways forward:

1 - submit a SAR to HCE Group - cost £10 - it can take 40 days to get a reply - there's an example at the end of this post.

2 - send an email to the Chairman of the High Court Enforcement Officers Association asking for help as you have asked twice for a breakdown from HCE Group to which they have not responded and could he intervene - [email protected] - forgot to mention of course is that he is CEO of HCE as well

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Date

Dear Sir

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir

Please supply a complete list of ALL the data held and used by you that relate to Mr XXXX. It is also to include third party information held with all other agencies.

Additionally where there has been an event in the account(s) history during the period accounts have been placed with you that have required any manual intervention by any member of your staff or any other person I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have been caused or resulted from that manual intervention.

I would like to bring to your attention data can be held in written information, e-mails, electronic documents, photographs, CCTV images, telephone conversations and include any recorded or written opinions about me/us and any recorded or written intentions and action taken regarding me/us.

I/We would like this information to be sent to my/our home address as listed above. You have 40 days in which to comply.

To satisfy payment to supply this information I/we enclose a fee of £10, this payment must not be used for any other purpose.

Yours sincerely

A Peeved Debtor"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Many thanks for your advice. I really appreciate the help you have given me, I will email the chairman of the high court enfocement officers association today with the request.

Once again, many thanks for your support and advice, clearly I have been following advice as given by CAB as well -which clearly is valuable but obvioulsy you are more experienced with these issues/situations etc., and I do need to keep requests 'to the point'-as you have suggested.

Once again, thanks you.

I have received a breakdown of costs in the post -must have been in the post when I emailed.

However, looking down the list I do not agree with some of the costs, can anybody please advice me accordingly-as I can see the amount is increasing daily -but do not want to have to pay for items which are incorrect:

Cost of execution £111.75

Interest 8% £26.62

Officer costs:

Seizure fee - £2.40-nothing seized and not seen officer - dispute?

Enquiry fee - £4.80

Mileage £59.01

Valuation fee - £223.87-nothing has been valued etc-not been in property

Daily seizure Fee - £16.36 - ???

Arrangement fee - £50.00

Admin fee - £162.00

Financial management fee - £132.00

Poundage - £114.94

resulting in total costs of £903.75

I am very confused-the officer has been twice and has not been in my property -I thought valuation fee, poundage etc -all related to them seizing items. As for teh arrangement fee -it states that this is incurred when an arrangement plan is agreed -but my plan was not accepted -and tehrefore dispute this fee?

Please help me - any advice will be appreciated.

If these are incorrect, I have read somewhere that I would need to fill in another form - please can anyone advise me.

Thanks in anticipation of your reply.

Forgot to mention -receievd letetr from teh court -stating notification had been sent out on 27th October for hearing on 2nd Nov -to both parties.

If I wish I can make an application to set aside.

This is ridiculous -I had no notice whatsoever, and I am getting penalised all round-not happy:|

My concern today though is the above fees -having done some research on this site it does appear that financial man fee and admin fee may also be questioned - having read the article by John Kruse -re miscellanous costs etc.

Please can someone help -cannot find any guidelines at all re fees on internet. thanks