Template for Making Data Subject Access Request to Insurance Company & Intermediary

audis4
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I need to get all the information 2 companies have on file about me and my Ltd company.

The first needs to goto the insurance broker / intermediary - One Business Insurance Services and the 2nd needs to goto the actual insurance company - Tradex.

I am concerned about information requested by the broker which I submitted and how it was used. Also, I am not happy that despite numerous requests, I did not receive a document with my no claims entitlement.

I have had template that I got off this site for requesting information from the banks (thanks cerberusalert :-) but for insurance, I need something equally good to get as much information they hold as possible

Regards,

Greg

Hi aud

There isn't a specific one, you can amend the 'Banking' one. They have to send you everything they have. If you think they have failed to send something, send a chase letter after the 40 days is up.

E.G. :-

DSAR Reference: XXXXXXX

Account Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I am in receipt of the documents that you have supplied in response to my Data Protection Act information request dated XXXXXX. The disclosure of personal data is incomplete in that at least the following documents are missing.

1) You have failed to provide a XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

2) ETC

3) ETC

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, it is just an example of some of the information I am missing.

Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

The time for compliance with my request has now expired. If you do not comply fully with my Subject Access Request within 7 days, I shall apply to the County Court for an order to enforce compliance, together with damages at the discretion of the court.

Yours sincerely,

Then if they still fail make a complaint to the ICO.