Bathroom Company Slow To Fix An Issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening everybody. I would appreciate some advice on how to take a complaint to the next level.

I'll try to be brief while still explaining all the facts

A local bathroom showroom supplied and fitted a bathroom suite.

It turns out the toilet flush is not as strong as it should be. This fault was not apparent at the time so full payment was made to the company.

The plumber who fitted the suite has been back various times with parts that have been useless, but over three months down the line the fault remains. It needs a bigger cistern but for some reason the shop owner is dragging his feet. I'm sure business is not good at the moment but from my dealings with him he deserves everything he gets.

So, I've made phone calls, gone into the shop, left with promises to fix the problem, to no avail, what should be my next plan of attack? Something in writing I'd guess.

I've probably missed some info but will gladly answer any further questions

Writing is always good. How did you pay? If by visa credit or debit card you do have an ace in the hole. You need to write to the bathroom company stating that the cistern is unsuitable, and you need it replacing ASAP and if they do not you will contact your credit / debit card company to perform a "Chargeback" and recover the funds you have paid. (that will hopefully rattle their cages enough to get them to act.)

How far are you prepaired to go with this complaint? As far as court if needed? If so, be assertive and tell them that you feel they've not addressed your problems. A good complaint letter also has compliments in (IE the bathroom is great, and the workmanship was excelent, however....), so they can see their descision either leaves a happy customer or an unhappy one. End it with "I hope I will not need to take my complaint further but should this not be rectified I will take my complaint to the county courts where charges and interest will be added."

Let us know what their reply is.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks so much for the replies.

rebel11, I'll look at those signatures. Many thanks.

locutus, unfortunately I paid cash, in full.

Is it possible to suggest getting somebody else in to fix it then pass on the bill to the shop owner if he's not got things fixed by a certain date?

As regards to how far I'd take this, yeah I'd go to court, small claims route would it be? The threat of that could get things moving as the plumber reckons it is a simple job but for some reason the shop owner is dragging his feet.

Edited by dripdrip

Yeah, a simple case under £5000 will be a small claim. Re: getting someone else to do the job, 1st try a nice polite letter asking the to rectify this (it's always better to be the reasonable party and have written proof of this if it does go before a judge). The daily mail guide that rebel11 linked to had good information. Then if they don't reply favorably get a quote and then write a letter before action and offer them their choices, either do the job or you'll take them to small claims court for the amount of the quote to do the job.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi drip

Heres info if and when you need to take the matter to court,

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/wirral/countycourtindex.htm, the only reason I've use this guide is it fairly clear.

remember court is a last resort, you can show the court that you've tried everything to resolve the matter with LBA's. You need now to adopt a different tone, everything in writing, Recorded. Hopefully the retailer can see the new approach and will see sense.