Creditor adding solicitors fees after CCJ/CO

FightToTheEnd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, my wife had a fixed sum loan from a leading bank which we were unable to pay. They very quickly went for a CCJ and then a Charging Order which was granted. (Actually a restriction as it's a sole debt and joint property but that's another thread!!).

When applying for the CCJ they added legal fees of approx £400 and this was included in the judgement debt. We have now agreed a monthly payment and this will just run I believe until we sell up in the next year or so.

Today I have had a further letter from the OC saying they are adding £210 of legal fees to the account. I presume this is the cost of the CO.

Can they do this? Surely they have a figure the court has agreed we will pay and that is that? Also, how can they add an amount to the agreement as they state when the agreement is terminated?

Any thoughts?

Thanks guys.

£210 is the costs awarded by the court on the charging order proceedings. £100 issue fee and £110 fixed solicitors costs. If they ever try to enforce the charging order, they can add all of their costs unilaterally to the debt without the need for a costs order from the court at all. And if the loan is not regulated by the Consumer Credit Act and the judgment exceeds 5K, they can also add statutory interest to the charging order debt.