International funds transfer

ftolad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4635 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone else will have some experience of dealing with an international funds transfer from the US into a Barclays bank account here. My partner has successfully managed it before without any major issues, and they usually take only a few days. However, we're in the latter stages of moving and transferring money from the States here, and Barclays are saying that due to it being a larger amount of money, they are holding on to it,

The cheque was paid in almost a month ago and took a few days to leave the bank account over there. It has now apparently been sent electronically to Barclays HQ in the States and may get here this week, maybe not. Barclays when questioned have stated that this delay is due to legal reasons, but have not been able or willing to confirm these in detail.

Can anyone shed any light or experience on this, as we're waiting for this to clear to cover our deposit.

Thanks.

:-)

ftolad v. Lowell - Statute Barred letter - * WON *

ftolad v. Scotcall - CCA'd, no agreement - * WON *

ftolad v. Mac Hall:

Still ongoing, official complaints procedure requested - 14 days to comply before TS, OFT and FOS.

All thanks to advice from CAG. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks for the links there. I don't know if there'd is an entry on the account statement showing the funds initially coming in and then being withdrawn... I'll have to check with my partner. I do know that a day after the payment was instigated we had a letter stating that the process could take a number of weeks, and that we needed to phone them if we still wanted to go ahead.

I get the feeling that they're hiding behind MLR just sovthat they can generate a little work or more importantly interest for themselves. I certainly can't understand how they can question anything if the account the money is sent from is exactly the same as the account being paid into, but there we are.

We've also been told today to expect it no later than Friday.

ftolad v. Mac Hall:

Still ongoing, official complaints procedure requested - 14 days to comply before TS, OFT and FOS.

Hi Ftolad,

Noted and please keep us updated.

:-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

We checked yesterday morning, and still nothing so called Barclays. They said that it would be there by today at the latest, and just required someone in NYC to push a button to transfer the money here. Also unlike others, it had not been placed in the account and then transferred out.

Anyhow, it's here at last, so we can exchange contracts and complete on the new house. :-D. Thanks for the help.

ftolad v. Mac Hall:

Hi Ftolad and I'm delighted to hear this has now been sorted.

:whoo: